。sixteen 。

♡

the group continued to walk down the seemingly never-ending hallway, all just wanting to go home and be out of a secret underground russian base. adella sighed through her nose, glancing at robin who was equally as done as her.

"i mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive." dustin spoke up.

"what are you talking about? it's a total fire hazard." steve argued immediately. "there's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell."

"they're commies. you don't pay people, they cut corners." erica chimed in.

"to be fair to our russian comrades, i don't think this tunnel was designed for walking." robin said. "i mean, think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting thy cargo."

"it all comes into the mall like any old delivery." dustin nodded.

"and then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser." robin added.

"plus, you can't exactly find this place unless you're stupid, like us, or know what and where to look." adella finished.

"you think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" steve asked.

"i very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison. it's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something." dustin explained.

"what the hell is promethium?" steve questioned.

"it's what victor stone's dad used to make cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components." robin replied and adella barely registered about four words from that explanation.

"you're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill." erica fake gagged, holding her stomach for emphasis.

"no, no, no. don't lump me in with them. i'm not a nerd, alright?" steve denied.

"why so sensitive, harrington? afraid of losing cool points to a 10-year-old child?" robin smirked.

"no, i'm just saying i don't know jack shit about prometheus." steve stated.

"promethium. prometheus is a greek mythological figure, but whatever. all i'm saying is, it's probably being used to
make something." dustin corrected.

"or power something." adella shrugged.

"like a nuclear weapon?" dustin guessed.

"totally." robin agreed.

"walking towards a nuclear weapon. that's great." steve uttered sarcastically. "that'd be great."

"but if they're building something, why here? i mean, hawkins. seriously. of all places. at the very best, we're a toilet stop on your way to disneyland, but maybe that's it. maybe it's our very..." robin continued as steve, adella and dustin stayed back a few steps, all thinking similar things.