37 - 𝙰𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"Have you ever missed someone as much as your lungs miss the air?"

└─────────❍─────────┘

"Where is (F/n)?," Shoko wondered out loud when she turned around and saw no traces of you and Satoru

"Act like you don't know," Kotone whispered, warning Miura in advance since she knew just how loose-tongued the raven-haired guy was.

"Who is (F/n)?," Miura asked innocently.

Kotone sighed in exasperation. "I said act like you don't know, not act like a stupidiotic dumbass!"

"Oh," the latter just smiled, grinning to himself. "I don't know, maybe she and Satoru decided to make their own movi- aah! Shoko-chan!"

"Senpai," Shoko groaned. "Please be serious. What if (F/n) is in trouble?"

"Calm down, she's with Satoru," Kotone reasoned. However, that did not help at all because of the smile the male senior had on his lips. He was surely not thinking about anything decent. Shoko shivered.

"I think I'm more worried about her being with that idiot," Shoko sighed. "If Yume's here, I wonder how she'd react to this."

There was utter silence after Shoko carelessly let the name slip.

It might have been nearly months since the demise of their friend, but the reason behind her death was still a question to everyone except Miura, Satoru and Suguru.

The truth was hidden, covered up.

Kotone's breath hitched. The topic was more sensitive for her- someone who had watched over Yume since first year and treated her no less than a sister. "I heard the one who killed her is an exiled member of a known clan."

"But almost everyone was wiped out by (F/n)'s domain, right? How would anyone know?," Shoko clarified. "Did someone escape, then?"

"That's...," Kotone paused and scanned the room.

"Dead men tell no tales," Miura interrupted. "Don't easily believe what you hear going around, Kamo-san."

"But we can't just let it go easily if that's really the case," Shoko argued. "Senpai, don't you think they seem to be after (F/n)?"

"They must want something from her," Kotone added. "If that's true, they wouldn't waste time to go after Yume. I can't believe Yaga sensei dismissed this case so quickly."

"They're in charge of the case for a reason so stop whatever you two are planning right now," Miura laid down his thoughts, his mood turning rather displeased.