Chapter 1 - The Hunter Exam

"Talking"
"Whispering"
'Thinking'
Timeskip/Meanwhile

(A.N.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We currently see the waiting hall of the the hunter exams, which is currently filled with nearly 400 people inside it. All is silent until the ding of the elevator catches everyones attention. The doors open to reveal a 19 year old man, standing at roughly 6'0 (183cm) with h/l h/c hair and e/c eyes, wearing a black cloak with red clouds on it. This man is Y/N Uchiha, a member of the Uchiha Clan.

Y/N: 'Damn, there's a lot of people here.'

He was then approched by a small green skinned man who gives him a badge with the number 399 on it.

Beans: "Hello. Please take a number. Be sure to wear this on your chest at all times. Be careful not to lose it."

Y/N: "Thank you." He replies and sticks the badge on his chest.

He was then approched by a man wearing blue, wearing badge number 16 and with a drink in his hand.

???: "Haven't seen you here before. First time?"

Y/N: "Yeah. How'd you know?"

???: "Well, this year is my 35th attempt."

Y/N: "35?" 'That's not really something to brag about.'

Tonpa: "I'm sort of an exam veteran, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. Name's Tonpa."

Y/N: "Y/N"

(A.N. - I am now no longer going to put ??? for every new character. I am just going to put their name.)

Tonpa: "So whaddya say? A toast to our mark our acquaintance?"

Y/N: "Sure, why not?" 'I don't trust this guy one bit and he's probably spiked the drink, but I'll humour him for a while.'

Random Examinee 1: "There he goes."

Random Examinee 2: "He always plays the nice guy, dispite being nastier than anyone else here."

Random Examinee 3: "Tonpa, the rookie crusher..."

Y/N then takes the drink from Tonpa's hand, lifts the drink up and tilts his head back making sure to keep the drink off his lips and so that the drink is in the air for a short bit. Becuase Tonpa can now no longer see his eyes, due to the height difference and that his head is leaned back, he activated his Sharingan and was now able to see the small crystals of the laxative powder in the drink.

Y/N: *Pshhh* "Ew. Tonpa, I think this drink may have expired. It tastes a bit weird." He says spitting out the drink, his Sharingan now deactivated. He then hands the drink back. "Here, you try it, see what you think."

Tonpa: "Really? Well I'm very sorry about that, I'll take your word for it though." 'Impossible! That laxative should have practically no taste or scent.'

Y/N: "No, really, I insist. I always like a second opinion on things."

Now to a normal person, this may have sounded like a normal request, but to Tonpa, this was a demand, a demand he could not refuse if he valued his life. So, with a shaking hand, he took the drink and had a sip which he then swallowed.

Tonpa: "S-seems f-fine to me-" Tonpa was then cut off by the rumbling of his stomach.

Y/N: "You alright there Tonpa? You're looking a little pale."

Tonpa, whose stomach rumbled again, proceeded to high tail it out of there and go to the nearest bathroom, shoving past anyone who was in his way, including the 3 new examinees that had recently come out of the elevator.

Leorio: "What's his problem?"

Kurapika: "No idea."

Killua: 'He seems interesting. He was able to tell that ther was a poison in that drink. I'll have to ask him about it.'

After a short while a man started screaming. Everyone turned to him and saw that his arms were slowly disappearing.

Hisoka: "Oh, how peculiar... His arms seem to have become flower petals. No smoke and mirrors here. Do take care. When you bump into someone, you really should apologise."

The silence was then once again broken, this time buy a strange timer going off, shortly followed by the wall at the opposite side of the room being lifted up. Behind it was a man in a purple suit with a pink tie and light violet hair, holding what was pressumably the timer that made the noise earlier.

Satotz: "I apologise for the wait. The entry period for Hunter applicants has ended. The Hunter Exam will now begin! A final caution. If you are short on luck or ability, you could very well end up seriously injured or even dead. Those who accept the risks, please follow me. Otherwise, please exit via the elevator behind you." Nobody moves. "Very well. All 403 applicants will participate in Phase One."

After finishing his little speech, the man turns around and starts walking with everyone else following him.

Y/N: 'So it begins.'

Leorio: "Of course, no one turned around and left. I hoped a few might withdraw."

The man in front however, then starts to pick up his pase a bit, causing everyone else to speed up as well and start start jogging.

Leorio: "Wh-what?"

Gon: "The people infront started running."

Kurapika: "He's picked up the pace."

Satotz: "I neglected to introduce myself. I am Satotz, Phase One examiner. I shall lead you to the exam's Second Phase."

Hanzo: "Second Phase? What about Phase One?"

Satotz: "It has already commenced."

Random Examinee 4: "It's already begun?"

Random Examinee 5: "This is part of the test?"

Satotz: "You must follow me to Phase Two. This is the exam's First Phase."

Hanzo: "Follow you? That's it?"

Satotz: "Yes. I cannot tell you where or when you must arrive. You need to follow me."

Kurapika: "I see how it is."

Gon: "This test is weird."

Leorio: "I suspect it's an endurance test. Fine by me. I'll be right behind you!"

Kurapika: 'But there is the mental stress of not knowing how far we'll have to run. He's also testing our mental fortitude.' 

Y/N: 'Yes! I am now one step closer to becoming a hunter!'