266:confusing

She let out a low breathy laugh in response, touching the white silk dress that they'd gifted her to wear. They called it a present; she'd called it a boob problem because the lowered back and the thin straps meant that her nipples had to be concealed by flat round stickers that she prayed would stay on all night. Stickers that Sieon had begged to help her stick on only because they seemed cool, and then MinJae and JieMi had poured into the room for a look. They asked if they could stick google eyes to create a face.

Idiots.

She took a quick peek down, thankful that her breast seemed fine, but what wasn't fine was her steadily sweating palms lodged tight within Oliver's significantly longer digits. She'd stared hard at it hoping he would get the memo, but he didn't and he just squeezed harder, tightening the jail cell over her too-warm, too-sweaty hands.

Self-conscious, and he didn't know that. Sieon would know. Sieon would lick her palms just because he wanted to see her cheeks redden and her gasp of horror. Hikaru had horribly sweaty palms too, he would tell her he didn't mind. But it wasn't fair to make these comparisons.

"Thank you," she cleared her throat turning her head away from her thoughts, "but—"

"Have you been on a date with the two of us?" Casper hummed, turning the wheel with hands that rippled with veins, sexy as he clenched tight over the leather. He'd only just learnt to drive recently, or at least that was what he said. The rest of her men had whispered to her behind his back that he'd failed it three times knocking over barriers and he'd only just passed because he wanted to impress her. "Gone to a Michelin star restaurant with the other guys?"

Did he think that all she thought of him was a clumsy big loaf? Clumsiness was one of his excuses when she'd softly hinted and asked for sex in the most subtle of ways. He'd said that he was afraid of hurting her, that he was okay with just kisses and touching. He'd made out with her to show her he meant it, but it felt odd when he pulled away despite the hardness of his cock, tight and hot against her belly—

"No—"

"What you're sensing," he purred, voice dipping into a low sweet range that they both knew was sweet, warm honey milk to her fears, "is all just nerves from that, that's all." He gave her another side-eyed glance and she sucked her bottom lip into her mouth, biting on it nervously.

Call it a women's intuition, but there was just something off about her men.

"Perfection is key to a lady's heart," Oliver grinned and she shook her head.

"Sincerity and love would be enough for me."

Just give me anything, anything.

"Sunshine, we just don't want to fuck this up for you," Casper explained.

Oliver nudged her and she turned to look at him and he waved a stick of lip balm in the air, shaking his head with a deep frown as his eyes zeroed in on her chewed lips. She parted them, giving him a sheepish grin.

Oliver was filled with a need to care for her, and he truly cherished her she knew that. They all did. But sometimes it felt as if Oliver and Casper treated her as if she were made of glass, as if she would break the moment they laid their hands on her. And maybe that was all her fault, or maybe she was mistaking disgust as fear.

"That, and it's been a long, long time since we've last had an actual date with a lady." Oliver uncapped the balm, rolling it up smoothly. "The last time I went on an actual date I was 9. And I fucked up by puking all over my date because I was scared."

Maybe they truly hated sex. Maybe they were just the type to not enjoy it.

"That is beyond your control, Liv," she smirked, raising a brow as he applied balm to her abused lips with careful gentle strokes, the ever-concerned gentleman. "You can't fuck it up for me." He pursed his lips and she smacked hers for him until he was satisfied. "Because it's me," she gave them both a look. "I appreciate the concern but trust me, there's not a lot that can happen that will make today a bad day for me. I'd love anything you two give me. I'm not a bad soulmate."