Part 6: An itty-bitty, Eenie-Meenie, tiny bit of Magic.

(Hola Chas!~

sorry if the last one wasn't as good, summer school is stressing me out more than I thought. I have a thousand other little things stressing me out, and my parents seem to find flaws in everything I do, but I need to stop venting here. I'll give you guys your story. 

And Away We Go!)

Clay WasTaken POV

Timeline, after school ended : 

A breeze flows through the air around me and hits me right in the face. I remember how Sapnap and George whine like babies whenever the weather is slightly less than their liking. 

Sometimes, even I shock myself with how well I deal with those two. I should add a usually to that thought because even a perfectly level-headed person like me snaps or picks sides. Or even just doesn't interfere at all. It's weird, but then again to hang out with those fuckers as often as I do you HAVE to be.  

Walking through the woods while keeping branches from snagging my hair, I tried to admire as much as I could at the same walking pace. 

The earthy smell wafting around me brought back memories. I could recall when I met Sap, laying against a tree, crying my eyes out in disappointment of everything around me. He ran to my side when I needed him and for that, I'll always be thankful. I remember the day I brought some energy drinks to try with him and how we almost burned down his house because they only fed the fire constantly dying, reviving, wilting, and flashing in his hair. Not a metaphor for all the hair gel he wears to boost his confidence, as a demon born in the nether a part of his body will almost always be on fire. But he can turn it off if he calms down.

I remembered taunting him by sitting out in the cold rain crisis-cross holding eye contact with my most sinister smirk, not even caring about my hair getting soaked. It got me sick as a dog, but it meant I got to stay home from school so I wasn't even mad. 

Reliving so many memories of Sap with nothing but some shallow glances in familiar directions got me thinking of how flexible our friendship was. 

Whereas with George, I only had memories of the ocean, or in a clearing a little farther ahead. 

It was the day I brought George to see the unfamiliar beauty of our nature. 

(quick side note you ever eat crackers and then someone talks to you and you get two options? 

like 1. is answer but spray crumbs everywhere and 2. is not answer and seem rude?) 

He pointed out so many things I'd never even thought to stop and appreciate. Seeing someone's experience in a familiar world that has grown old to you is refreshing. He was so amazed at flowers, even if he couldn't see all their colors. 

Eventually, I put him down in a spot of clovers and we talked about the biggest differences he noticed. Things like more people on land than mermaids in the ocean, easier to cool down or warm-up, and the snacks we were sharing. 

Even though he did most of the talking, it was still great for me because it meant I got some time to see him at his happiest, when he's talking about something he loves\is passionate about. 

I smile to myself, slowing down to stop and catch my breath. A cool breeze flows through my hair, brushing my face while gently reminding me to put on my mask. My phone is going crazy, but I ignore it as I put it on silent mode. 

The cold porcelain my mask is made of was startling to touch, but I got used to it. 

I shoved my hands in my pockets as I reached the beach brimming with anticipation . . .