Chapter 5-Wally makes everything better

It was their first Saturday together with everyone there, the team, the brothers, Roy, and Jon. The team doesn't know who Jon is but they're happy to have two more guests to talk to, or at least have around.

Though there was a problem, Dick still hasn't come down for breakfast this morning and everyone has already finished eating. It's quieter than it normally is too. Normally Tim and Damian would be at lest arguing but even they're quiet today.

Roy and Jon aren't questioning the silence and are just eating peacefully but it's bugging the team on why it's so quiet and where Dick is. So of course Megan speaks up, "Where's Dick? Shouldn't he be here by now? It doesn't seem like him to miss breakfast."

The brothers look between each other before Tim supply's an answer. "It's.. It's not a good day for Dick. He sadly has to celebrate an anniversary."

"But aren't anniversaries supposed to be fun?" Megan asks, tilting her head in confusion.

"Is this the anniversary you mentioned the day we got here?" Wally asks.

"Yeah, celebrating your parent's death isn't exactly fun so." Jason states bluntly, all eyes turning to him. The team with shocked with a mix of sad expressions, Damian and Tim glaring at him, and Jon and Roy staring at him.

"Dude, you didn't just.." Roy starts but gets quickly cut off by Megan.

"We should cheer him up then! Shouldn't he spend it with his family? You guys? Maybe instead of a sad day it can just be a day he remembers his parents."

"I don't know..their death hit him pretty hard..mostly cause he actually cared for his parents and doesn't resent them." Jason grumbles slightly, a tinge a jealousy in his voice.

"We should still try, what if we all watch a movie together?" Megan suggests, Damian raises an eyebrow.

"What type of movie? We don't watch movies often."

"Well Uhm..what about a Disney movie! Those always cheer people up. Right Wally?" Megan turns to Wally.

"Well I mean I guess? Disney movies are pretty feel goodsie. I don't know if they're cheering someone up from their parent's death good though." Wally says as he guesses he's the only one with a normalish childhood in this whole room.

"It's worth a shot, now who should go get him?" Tim asks, everyone looks between them before the brothers eyes land on Wally.

"Wally should definitely do it." Tim says.

"Agreed." The two other bats nod.

"What? Why me?" Wally asks confused.

"Have you not seen the way he looks at you?" Damian asks with a raised eyebrow and Wally shakes his head. Damian rolls his eyes and mumbles under his breath, "and I thought I was the dense one."

"Just go do it, trust us on this okay?" Tim says and Wally sighs.

"Fine, if you really think I'm the best choice.." and with that Wally goes up the stairs and to Dick's room.

Wally listens and doesn't hear any crying or anything so he knocks on the door softly. Nothing, maybe Dick isn't in his room? Wally goes and searches for Dick and eventually finds him in their gym, on a trapeze.

He stops and watches as Dick runs, grabbing the bar and doing a flip onto the next bar. A small smile on his face as he swings back and forth, doing two more flips. His hair blows in the wind as he flies through the air, looking like a majestic bird. Dick does more flips and tricks and some handstands, all while Wally sits and watches in amazement.

When Dick finally lands on the platform Wally claps, making his presence known. Dick quickly whips his head over to see who's there and when he notices it's just Wally he relaxes and climbs down from the platform.

Wally quickly speeds over to him, "dude! That was so cool! Where did you learn to do that?!"

Dick chuckles at Wally being well, Wally and grabs a towel, wiping the sweat off himself as he responds. "From being in the circus, I was part of the Flying Grayson's. We were amazing.." Dick looks at his bottle, remembering all the good times he had with his parents. But he quickly snaps out of it and drinks his water.

"That's so awesome dude! You're like amazing at this! My best friend would totally be impressed with your skills, he does a lot of flips and stuff to!" Wally grins happily at the mention of his best friend. 

"Yeah? Well hopefully I can meet him one day." Dick smiles and sits down, Wally sitting down with him.

"Me too! You two would get along great! You're both pretty and agile. You're both smart and super cool and..." Wally continues to go on about how cool Dick is and his best friend. 

Dick decides to tease Wally a bit since he is his best friend after all. "Sounds like you really like your best friend."

"Yeah, I do. He's super cool. Sometimes I wish we could be more." Wally chuckles and scratches the back of his neck. "Is that weird? Wanting to be more than just best friends?" He asks gently and looks at his lap.

Dick blushes lightly, he didn't expect this to happen at all but he's happy he's the one talking to Wally about it. "No it's not weird. I think.. I know it's not my place to tell you how you feel, but it sounds like to me you're in love. Damian had the same feelings towards Jon as you do with your best friend. And now that they've talked about their feelings they're basically inseparable."

"So, I should tell him how I feel?" Wally asks, looking at Dick.

"Yeah, it's better to talk about your feelings with the ones you care about most." Dick smiles softly and puts a hand on Wally's shoulder.

"Thanks Dick. You're a really good person you know." Wally smiles.

Dick chuckles, "I try to be. Now why did you come here in the first place?"

"Oh yeah! The team and everyone was wondering if you maybe wanna join us for a movie?" Wally asks and Dick nods.

"Sure, let me go change and I'll be down." Wally nods and runs down to tell everyone Dick will be joining them.

Dick sighs and gets up, will he ever tell Wally about how he feels? Hopefully one day he will.