part thirty

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

3 nights

Dominic Fike

It was 2pm in the afternoon. The sun was still shining through the delicate glass of the window and the soft material of the linen curtain. Riley's head was still mushed next to her comfortable white pillow as she snored into the sheet.

She had been awake for almost five hours now, yet she preferred to stay in bed, her body refused to move and go about a productive day. Though it had been like this for a while now, and her heart simply didn't want her to work, speak or think.

These past few days Riley had felt as if she wanted to melt down into the ground and erase everything that had happened in her life up till now. She didn't want to face what was coming.

Suddenly the sound of a notification rang through her ears and she groaned. She turned her body and faced the ceiling, ignoring whoever was texting her.

Then came another notification.

Then another.

And then a burst of messages were abruptly popping up in her phone. Riley opened her eyes, gave out a sigh and reached out for her phone only to see the contact name 'Sam❤️'

Her eyes widened and she abruptly sat up looking down at her phone. She quickly unlocked it and went through the 26 messages he had sent in the past minute.

Hey
Riley
I'm so sorry
I shouldn't have done that
That was such a dumb thing to do
Im such an asshole
I literally don't know why I did that
Im so so sorry
I know you can never forgive me
But I really want to talk to you
Im so sorry
You mean the world to me
I need to meet you
Today
I don't think I can go another day without meeting you
I'll be at the park
I'll be there all night
I'll stay there till the morning
Riley
I want to see you
Pls
Pls be there
I need to talk to you
I don't want to talk about this on text
Pls Riley
I'll be waiting

Riley's heart pounded as she read through the texts, reading every single one she felt her heart soften and a small tear slip down from her eye. She bit her lip trying not to let out another sob, she wasn't going to cry anymore. She didn't want to cry anymore.

She didn't say anything, she closed her phone and placed it on the side table. Riley got out of bed and went out of the room to go to the bathroom, what she didn't know was that another message came up in her phone.

'I love you Riley' it had said. A soft small text, one that Sam hoped would convince her to come.

But she didn't see it.

>

"Shut up! Tom cruise much hotter than Harrison Ford!" Y/n said rolling her eyes and digging her head inside Tom's chest.

"That's what every uncultured person says." Tom said in a matter-of-fact tone and earned an intimidating glare from Y/n.

"Did you just call your girlfriend uncultured?" She said looking up at him in surprise.

"Well I'm not taking it back." He said calmly and Y/n abruptly sat up and threw a pillow at his face.

"TOM-HOLLAND-YOUR-SUCH-AN-ASS!"
Y/n yelled as she beat him with another pillow.

"I thought you liked my ass!" He said in a sarcastically pissed off tone.

"Oh fuck off." She said putting down the pillow and lying back on his arm.

"I'm sorry. Tom cruise is hotter." Tom mumbled as he placed a kiss on top of her head.

"Yeah he is." Y/n muttered and hugged her boyfriend, pulling him closer to her.

Tom gently stroked her back as the two of them lay in Tom's room in silence.

"I'm hungry." Y/n mumbled randomly and Tom looked down at her confused.

"At this hour? It's 1am."

"So?"

"Women are so confusing."

Y/n rolled her eyes and sat up once again.

"Can we go get Oreos from the nearby grocery store?"

"Alright." Tom groaned and got up to get his jacket.

Y/n smiled excitedly and the two of them carefully stepped outside the room.

They tip toed hand in hand as they walked silently in the hallway passing by May's room once again. Like every time, they eavesdropped on her only to hear May and Timmy's loud yells. It was always a mystery what the two of them were up to.

They giggled and stepped down the stairs and outside the house.

"You know." Tom began as the two of them sat on his bike. "What about our bet?"

"What bet?" Y/n said mindlessly as she sat behind him.

"The one I won." He muttered smugly.

"You didn't win the May and Timmy bet."

"I did. I said they'd have sex at the end of the month didn't I?" Tom reasoned.

Y/n rolled her eyes knowing that there was no use saving the 50 dollars she had just lost to Tom. She knew he had won fair and square and so, she gave in.

"Alright." Y/n sighed and put her arms around Tom's waist. She planted a kiss on his cheek and rested her head on his back as he drove them off in the comfortable night.

The two of them arrived at the Grocery store and quickly ran to the food isle after giving an awkward smile to the sleepy guard who grinned back thinking 'who would come here at this hour?'

They darted through the slippery halls of the grocery store and Y/n finally picked out the Oreo flavour she wanted. The original.

Tom paid the drowsy cashier and the two of them rode back home, with her arms wrapped lovingly around his waist.

>

Riley sighed as she got off her bike, letting it stand at the edge of the pavement. She hugged her body, trying to warm herself from the October weather. Her hoodie was comfortably wrapped around her body, yet she still felt the shivery cold.

She hadn't checked her phone since the morning, not since she read Sam's messages. She had come empty handed, just Riley and her bike.

Riley walked silently, each step leading her closer to the park, closer to Sam, and closer to a conversation that would be most vital for the rest of her life.

She shivered as she walked on the wet grass, the moon shone down on the dark pathway and the glimmering green of nature at night time. Riley's eyes looked down at her walking feet until she raised her head to spot Sam sitting on a bench.

He immediately stood up, his eyes looked red and tired yet a smile came upon his lips as he said:

"You came."