ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʜᴇʀ

A door was opened and closed softly from behind me

A door was opened and closed softly from behind me. I fisted my hands in my dress tightly before releasing. 

A pretty lady rounded me to get to her desk. She had pretty midnight black hair that stopped just below her shoulder. Her pant suit swished as she rushed to her seat. She smiled at me before intertwining her hands.

"Hello Arabella, my name Dr. Rays. How are we feeling today?" She asked. She had her pen tightly gripped and ready to shoot off with whatever I say.

Tired, irritated, and ready to go home.

"I'm fine. Thank you for asking." I said softly. I looked at the clock behind her head. 3:15. Jesus it's only been fifteen minutes.

"That's good. Now, a little birdie told me that you've been having some trouble lately? You wanted to see me yourself?" She asked. Her pen scrapping the paper was the only sound in the room along with the clock sound.

Flashes of what happened last weekend played through my mind on repeat. I cleared my throat.

"Yes I did. I think whatever is happening to me is getting....worse." I said softly staring at her hand. She looked at me and smiled.

"Worse? Worse how, Arabella?" She asked just as soft.

"Uhm." I paused. I licked my lips. "I can't remember anything since before I was 10. Little flashes here and there would occur. It would be of me playing in a room with no door. Then of me in a room with a woman and man I have never seen before. It has never bothered me until what I experienced last weekend." I said staring at the window.

"And do you think they could be your foster parents maybe?" She asked tilting her head. I thought for a minute. Could they have been? I can't really remember what they looked like but my gut tells me Ive never seen them before.

I shook my head. "No. I don't think they were." I said softly. I ringed my hand again around my dress again.

Dr. Rays hummed. "Okay good, tell me what you know before you turned 10." She asked gently. I bounced my leg.

"Uhm, I was placed in an orphanage after two policemen found me walking alone at night. They would ask where I lived and if I knew where my parents were. I could never answer them. I was at the police station for two days before they realized no one was coming for me. So I went to a home." I paused looking down.

"The foster parents weren't really nice people. There were 6 other girls there when I arrived. They all didn't really like me so they never spoke to me. So, I was a loner. They acted kind of weird I think." I said tilting my head.