Chapter 52

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

'Geez. This is depressing.' Voice commented, while Y/n could hear that little shit slurping on a slushy.

She tried to ignore it though, as she handed Lavender a piece of cake. The shorter girl accepted it greatfully, before the awkward silence continued. Y/n thought that they would talk and gossip, but Lavender seemed very shy with her. Which made her think, that the girl could be pretty shy actually until her fourth or fifth year.

She seemed like she was actually covering herself up with the cardigan, but not because she felt that Y/n was making her uncomfortable, but because she seemed to just cover herself up.

Y/n contemplated how she should approach this, before she just started talking. She found out, that that made people want to speak more with her.

"You know I was really traumatized after that incident in D.A.D.A. and especially after that. Percy had to help me back to the infirmary, because I felt like I was basically dying and yeah, haha.." As Y/n rambled on, she didn't realize the mortified look on Lavender's face, because Y/n basically just brought back memories of that horrifying event.

"Especially, because I literally haven't really slept since then.. Seeing my br-- favorite character from this one TV show literally made me lose sleep." She quickly found an excuse on, who this 'character' was, because she didn't want to be classified as fucking crazy.

"Oh my! So that was why you were so frazzled.. I totally get you, but are you sure you're alright? An hippogriff attack is extremely dangerous and there was a lot of blood and it traumatized people to tell the tale, so it mustn't have been easy for you at all.." Lavender said as she slowly grazed Y/n's face, that still had bandages covering most of it.

Honestly the medicine only really helped with the pain, but Y/n still had to wear the bandages. Scars couldn't heal that easily and getting your skin ripped apart by a MAGICAL creature wasn't helping. Her father said that he would try and get some soothing herbs shipped from Australia, where apparently alongside freaky animals sacred herbs also found a place to live and thrive. He also asked her if he could suck the poison, that most likely escaped from his claws when he ripped her flesh, out and use it.

Her mother of course almost ripped his flesh in return, as he tried to use Y/n's suffering as a science experiment of sorts. Y/n didn't mind, because from the summer she spent with her dad she would die for him.

In her past life her father never really liked her or seemed to like her. Her older sister was the princess of the family and she was always spoiled and loved, as she was basically the golden child. Y/n kind of ruined the dynamic after that, as she was a "needy" child or in other words, as she craved her parents attention alongside her sister. Her parents were young and stupid, so the fact that Y/n wasn't like her sister and just accepted her parents' neglect, because they weren't "ready" to be parents yet made them distain her in return.