PART 39

Sorry, sorry, sorry×infinite for the late update. Our house was full of  relatives today so, couldn't update on time.

Meenakashi's POV

The next day, my husband woke me up early in the morning which annoyed me. I thought atleast in my uncle's house I could sleep but he was distubing me. As I was not getting out of the bed, my husband snatched the blanket away from me and asked me to get ready. I asked him if he needs anything but he simply pushed me inside the washroom and asked me to get ready.

After getting ready for the day, I asked him if he wants anything to which he asked me to follow him. He went out of the house and sat on his bike and gestured me to sit on it. I didn't know how to react as it was five in the morning. Seeing me not moving from my place he asked me to sit to which I said, "Where?" to which my husband said, "If our children saw us like this, they would not let us go. Don't ask me anything and just sit." To which I said, "Where? Atleast we should inform my aunt and uncle." My husband looked annoyed and gave me a warning look which made me quietly sit behind him.

He didn't say where we were going but I felt excited to sit on the bike. When he first brought this bike, I wanted to sit on it as in many serials and movies I saw that couples go on romantic rides on bikes. I always had the fantasy to go on a ride on this bike with my husban.

Even though, I sat on the back seat, I was afraid of falling down. My husband who sensed my fear said, "Calm down! Just hold me. You won't fall. I'll go slowly." After my husband said those words, I felt little comfortable and held his shoulder for support.

I enjoyed the cool breeze on my face and felt very happy to go on a ride with my husband early in the morning without worrying about the household chores. I wanted to know who was doing all the chores and cooking back in our home in the village in my absence. I felt that Sudha was the one working. I just wanted to see her work. I have never seen her actually do any real work. She was always busy with her phone and the only work she ever does was very rarely chopping vegetables. I forgot that I was on the bike and started thinking about my in-laws.

My husband stopped the bike on the middle of the road and said, "Are you not feeling comfortable? Do you want to sit somewhere for a while?" I was happy seeing his concern for me and said, "It's nothing. I was just thinking about our children." My husband looked offended by what I said and said, "You always think about children. You should also think about their father. Don't you think you are neglecting your children's father? It's very unfair to neglect your children's father" To which I said, "I never neglected you. You are the one who always ignores me. Even from our childhood, you always ignored me."

My husband caught my and said, "I know. It's my fault. I shouldn't have ignored you. But I promise you that from on I will never ignore. I know that I was not an ideal husband but I'm trying now. I know that we already lost Manu years. But it's better late than never." I felt very happy listening to him. I felt emotional and cried on the road itself. My husband hugged me in the middle of the road which made me feel like we were in a movie. Do people really hug their spouses in the middle of a road in real life? I never saw people doing that in real life. I never expected my husband to hug me on the road like this. I couldn't imagine the situation if someone from our village saw us hugging like this.

My husband broke the hug after few minutes and he said, "Come! Let's go!" I excitedly followed my husband and went to a nearby dosa stall. While we were eating, my husband phone started ringing continuously which made me realise that I forgot my phone. My husband ignored the call and I thought it was some unwanted call. After we were done with the breakfast, my husband said, "Let's walk for a while and then let's go for shopping." I was happy that my husband wants to go for shopping with me but I was worried for my children and said, "Can you give me your mobile? I want to talk to our kids. They must be worried. We just left without informing anyone." My husband said, "They must to fine. Don't worry. Come let's go." He didn't give me any chance to say anything and then we both went to a shopping mall.

I felt very anxious to go to the shopping mall with my husband. When I went to shopping with my children and brother, my children were the one who selected everything for me. I didn't want my husband to think that I was a dumb person who doesn't even have the capability to select clothes for oneself.

I followed my husband to the sarees section and felt very anxious seeing so many beautiful and colourful sarees. I was sure that I wouldn't be able to select anything from those sarees. I had the urge to run away from the shopping mall but stayed rooted to the same place as I didn't want my husband to assume me that I was a useless person.

My husband asked the salesgirl to bring their recent collection of sarees. The lady brought many sarees and started showing the sarees and explaining about their designs. I didn't listen to anything that she was saying. I just wished that my children were present with me. They would have selected the sarees for me.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.