Basket 25

Third POV

As Murasakibara held his huge hand over the phantom's head, one could easily see that his palm alone could cover the entirety of Kuroko's face. Furihata and Fukuda were actually starting to get scared that the giant might actually crush the light blue haired boy's skull. But instead of doing so, Murasakibara simply placed his hand on Kuroko's head, rubbing back and forth as he bent down to his height.

"Just kidding. I'd never do that," the purple haired boy smiled on as he continued with ruffling the boy's neat hair.

Though as he kept doing so, (Y/N) could see the irritation and large tick mark appearing on the boy's face as he started to glare. Out of all of the miracle gen, Murasakibara was really the only person who has ever enticed a reaction like that out of the usually very peaceful phantom. Before anyone knew it, Kuroko had smacked the giant's hand off of his head.

"Cut that out," the light blue haired boy told him.

"Oh crap, are you mad at me? Gee, I'm sorry, little guy," the purple haired boy passively apologized as he stood back up.

Kagami remembered the giant now, how could someone forget seeing a boy at that height? Back when they had passed each other at the Inter-High. This was the Generation of Miracles' center, Atsushi Murasakibara. Man, just thinking about playing against him got the tiger's blood boiling.

However, something else was clearly on the giant's mind as he began staring down Kuroko a little bit. Just what the triple threat expected of their reunion.

"Atsushi," (Y/N) finally called out from her place behind the fence.

If she knew anything about the giant and the phantom's relationship, it's that when it came to the sport, it could become very hostile very quickly. So she figured she'd better step in before that happened.

Hearing her voice for the first time in a year made Murasakibara's eyes grow big from their usual sunken and lazy expression. Turning abruptly in the direction where he had heard her, the purple orbs of his met with the (e/c) irises of hers. And the next thing he saw was her sending him a small smile. Murasakibara didn't even say anything, he only took action.

Within maybe three steps, the tall boy was right in front her, looking down at her, almost in disbelief that she was actually standing right here in front of him.

(Y/N) was caught off guard by his speed in reaching her within a matter of a couple of seconds, but that's what happens when you're 6'10. She literally had to crane her head up to look at him, and they just stared at each other for what seemed like a while. Everything else just kind of drained out around her, the triple threat didn't really hear much from anyone.

Before she knew it, Murasakibara had bent down slightly, putting his hands under her arms and lifting her over the fence like a small child, causing the girl to drop her crutch. Honestly, the (h/c) haired girl just kind of let it happen as the tall boy lifted her up. Maybe it was from the shock that he was able to pick her up with such ease despite her being almost six feet tall.

Once she was over the fence, Murasakibara placed one arm around her waist as he sat her on his arm, just holding her up with ease and making sure she didn't fall backwards. (Y/N) was held up a little higher than the boy's head, so she was actually looking down at him as he looked up at her. If the crowd hadn't known they were just two teens, they would've mistaken the scene out a romance manga or something to that extent.

As the two continued gazing at each other in silence, the girl noticed some hairs out of place and covering his eyes a little bit. Just by instinct, the triple threat moved her hand out as her nimble fingers moving the strays hairs out of the way, much like she had done in middle school. Murasakibara soon hummed in bliss as he closed his eyes for a second, enjoying the moment before smiling childishly up at (Y/N).