022

Daydreaming

Serena's pov ♤

Serena's pov

When I woke up this morning, I decided I was going to go to school and stay there for the whole time. I haven't been there for a whole day since the incident happened. I guess I'm just scared I'll see him and freak out. I know he doesn't go to my school, but it's still scary. What if I see someone like him and think it's him and then have a whole freak out over nothing? Which could happen. I'm just hoping it won't, not today.

I look into the mirror one last time to make sure my makeup looks perfect. If I'm going back for a full day I want to feel my best. I then begin to analyze over my outfit again. It's not like most of the other ones I wear. I have on loose jeans and a sweater. Even durning fall when it's cold, you'd still catch me in something more revealing. And I know wearing this might get people confused or concerned. I don't want that, but this is all I feel comfortable in. It's like every time I look into the mirror, I just replay that night over, and over again.

Once I'm able to move my eyes away from the mirror, I pack my things into my backpack and head downstairs. I see my dad sitting at the dinning table drinking his coffee and my mom making breakfast for everyone. "You're ready to go back?" my mom questions looking up at me as she makes eggs.

"Yeah," I reply not wanting a long conversation. I grab a few things from the fridge to make my lunch and before I know it I'm in my car. I sit here for a while trying to calm my nerves down. I then place my hands on the steering wheel and rest them there for a second. I take in a deep breath before pulling out to head to school.

I didn't realize until I got there that I hadn't played any music. I think a part of me died that day. Which I know sounds stupid as it was something that happened so fast, but it's true. I'm scared to be myself now. To let someone in because that could happen again.

I stare at the building in front of me, debating back and forth if I should go in. I push forward and get out of the car. I practically rush inside the school walking past the counselors office to my classroom. There's a few people in there so I take my seat. It doesn't take long for my teacher to come over to me.

"Miss Adams! It's so good to see you back in class," she told me with a kind smile. Ms. Dawson has always been my favorite teacher. Since freshman year I've always had her as a teacher in someway. She really is the sweetest. "And thank you for turning in all your missing work while you were out," she smiles handing me a note. "You'll need to go after this class. Your 2nd period has already been informed," she smiled at me before walking back to her desk.

I look down at the slip she passed me. It read, Student name: Serena Rose Adams, Grade: 12th, Period: 2nd, and Reason: Checking in. It was a note from the school counselor. My heart began racing wondering if someone had told her about what had happened.