⇢︎ Chapter 56 : Smoke and Smog

The remaining people of E class walked down the hallway with their heads up high

The remaining people of E class walked down the hallway with their heads up high. They didn't look at anyone in the eyes, nor did they look at anyone's direction. They all continued to follow Karasuma as they kept their talking in a hush tone.

Y/n walked next to Chiba with seemingly confidence, but Y/n had done this before, and this was no exception. He's been in places where the riches and crimes were the highest. Hell, he even had to serve the rich and the criminals since Shiro hosted those meetings. Walking down a hallway was easy for Y/n.

"Wow, people really think that we belong here," Chiba whispered, "They're not even making eye contact.

"It's only the expectation at a place like this," Y/n whispered back, glancing back at Chiba, "From what I can tell, the people and this place here have a reputation. Keeping a low profile is the only option these people have."

"You know, at first I was sure everybody here would be a problem," Kayano commented, "but getting to the top floor is turning out to be a lot easier than we thought!"

"Glad Mr. K is with us though," Another student chimed in, "Feels a lot safer with him leading the charge."

Terakasa chuckled, "Who said this was gonna be hard?" He joked with a smirk along with Yoshida.

"Hey, we're not there yet," Karasuma warned.

Terakasa and Yoshida both scoffed as they ran in front of Karasuma, "But the clock's ticking! I say we switch off stealth mode and storm the joint!"

"Wait!"

Terakasa and Yoshida ran ahead of the group with Karasuma trying to warn them. A man, who had a flora yellow shirt and a white bandana, was walking in from the other side of the hallway with a calm smile on his face and was looking away. This man was familiar to a certain student, Fuwa.

"Terakasa watch out!!" Fuwa shouted, making everyone flinch.

Karasuma noticed the man walking down the hallway and noticed his facial features, it was familiar. Terakasa and Yoshida skidded to a stop from running and turned around, only to be pushed back from the man by Karasuma.

The man was inhumanely quick to get out a smoke dispenser and pull up his bandana over his mouth and nose. He held up hi weapon and sprayed Karasuma with a purple like smog, completely coving his body.

"Karasuma!" Y/n called out as Chiba had pushed him behind him, both of them stepping backwards and away from the gas.

"Oh no, Mr. Karasuma!" Kayano shouted.

Karasuma jumped out of the smog and glared heavily at the smoke slowly disappearing. He had the back of his hand up to his nose, but he knew that he had already breathed in whatever it was the man sprayed him with.

Y/n pushed through his classmates and was already by Karasuma's side. He clutched onto Karasuma's sleeve in fear that something might happen to him again. Karasuma couldn't do anything at the moment but shield Y/n with his arm, still keeping his attention on the man in front of him. However, Karasuma's legs are starting to give out on him.