(120) It Had Become The Curse Of All The Tragic Characters In The Book!

When Lu Xun went to the Lin’s mansion again, he told Lin Yiyi about running into Zhang Xiying at his company.

For some inexplicable reasons, he had a lot of hostility toward her and was very rude when talking about her. “And she thinks she is good enough for the big screen? She thinks everyone can just become a film empress?”

Truth was… yes, Zhang Xiying did become a film empress…

Even though she didn’t become the film empress of Hong Kong and Macau, she legitimately won China's Golden Phoenix Award and became film empress in China.

And not just her, even her sister, Zhang Xiruo, eventually also became a film empress after her.

Every time she thought about Zhang Xiruo being the female lead, she couldn’t help but remembering the ending of Meng Shanshan.

As much as she had no feelings toward Zhang Xiying or Zhang Xiruo, Lin Yiyi was filled with irritation all of a sudden.

She even considered whether now was a good time to send her two children to study overseas…

After all, their grandmother, grandfather, and uncle were all overseas.

Lu Xun had no idea that Lin Yiyi was thinking about something so “horrible”. He had just finished dissing Zhang Xiying’s plain look and had moved onto dissing her acting skills. “All these years that she had been in the entertainment circle, she doesn’t even have a masterpiece to speak of. Still, there are those who said she’s a good actress. What kind of standard is that?”

It didn’t take long for Lin Yiyi to give up on that line of thought.

She had spent her entire life in China and had long since gotten used to the pace of life there. She wasn’t sure she could get used to living overseas.

And not just her, so were her kids. They were used to being around others with black hair and black eyes. Being placed all of a sudden among those that neither looked or thought the same way, they may not be able to get used to it either.

And, most importantly, there was no guarantee that they would be able to avoid the storyline by going overseas.

When Lin Yiyi finally recollected herself, all she heard was Lu Xun carrying on and on, “I have given it a lot of thought. I don’t think she is a good fit for the role. Why don’t you go for it?”

Lin Yiyi: “?????”

Oh, Mr. Lu, what had you been saying this entire time?

She only half-heard him dissing Zhang Xiying, then all of a sudden he wanted her to take the role? Wasn’t that a bit of a jump?

Lu Xun didn’t care for it. “Director Lu Sen has very high standards. I have taken a look at it; Zhang Xiying is not a good fit for the role. It would be a bummer if the entire movie goes belly up because of her.”

He made it sound so reasonable…

Had Lin Yiyi not known that Zhang Xiying would, one day, become the film actress, she almost fell for his words!

And now? Now she just wanted to ask him at which point had he gone blind?

“Ahem. I think Zhang Xiying is pretty good. Didn’t many directors praise her in the past?”

Lin Yiyi thought about it some more. Lu Xun meant well. He came here to refer work to her…

But that was really unnecessary, as she was the one who truly had no acting skills.

Lu Xun gave her a profound look. “Oh, you really think they were praising her because of her? Have you not noticed that all those praises came after her relationship with the film emperor was made public?”

No, she really hadn’t looked at it that way before.

Come to think about it, Zhang Xiying was only up and coming at the beginning. She only became as popular as she was right now after she was with Meng Yan.

Since then, she has been involved in the production of many high-budget productions and received a lot of rave. In the novel, she would eventually even rise to the top after she had challenged the large screen.

She had her own base fans to begin with; that plus Meng Yan’s fans on top of them, it was pretty sizable.

She had reputation and popularity, and now, unlimited resources. All she needed was an opportunity. That, in addition to her actual skills, was the reason she was able to become the film empress.

Film empress. The entire novel was about the title of “Film Empress”.

It had become the curse of all the tragic characters in the book!