Chapter 49: BOINK!

"What the heck...?" I mumbled while staring at the Demon named Leuvis. My eyes also went to the other Demons who were keeping their eyes on me.

Sweats dripped on my face as I covered my mouth.

I should really watch my words!

But anyway! WHAT THE HEEEECK?

"Y-You really don't accept my offering?" I asked Leuvis who was looking at me. My eyes went to Andrew who was currently sleeping on the red cart that I borrowed from Oliver. "I-I mean... Look! He looks yummy---wait that sounds wrong..."

Leuvis let out a chuckle as he shook his head.

"You are a cruel kid, to think that you are actually offering that person to me sounds funny," Leuvis shook his head. "I would like to get him as my food but I don't think taking him is a good idea."

"Okay," I mumbled. "Looks like I didn't bring the best offering."

Tsk, I failed to dispose of Andrew.

"We can't do anything about it. That man is Ratri's agent, Peter Ratri won't be able to do something to me, but the Queen won't let it slide," Leuvis explained as he glanced at Lerin. "I don't want any trouble right now."

"Why are you looking at me when you say trouble?" Lerin asked him.

"Aren't you my biggest trouble?" Leuvis told him which made me almost laugh. 

"If Lerin won't take that Human, can I take it?" A Demon with five servants asked me as he licked his lips. "It's been a while since I ate an adult, his brain would be delicious for a feast."

I suddenly felt a shiver when that Demon said that to me.

I glanced at the Demon named Luce while tilting my head. "If it won't get you into trouble, then you can---" I suddenly cut off what I was about to say when Mr. Lerin suddenly lifted my body using his big hand.

"Don't bother, Luce," Mr. Lerin told him. "If you still want to continue poaching in this area, then don't you dare mention any of it again. It will cause a lot of conflict to your favorite hobby as a poacher."

"Insolence," Luce uttered upon hearing the word 'Poachers' which Mr. Lerin emphasized.

"And you little one," Mr. Lerin told me as he placed me on his shoulders. I immediately wrapped my hands around his horn to prevent myself from falling. "Don't cause any trouble anymore," He told me as he started to walk away from them.

I glanced at the Demons who were looking in our direction.

"Why are we suddenly leaving?" I asked Mr. Lerin.

Mr. Lerin glanced at me on his shoulders.

"If you grabbed their interests, I don't think you'll be able to leave here without being hunted," Mr. Lerin suddenly explained to me. "Even if you're under Ratri's faction as an outstanding student, if they kill you while I'm not looking, I won't be able to do anything about it."

"I can't offend an aristocracy as I pleased, My master will kill me himself."

Oh, I see...

Mr. Lerin's not as bad as I thought.

"How about Leuvis and Bayon?"

"They're different, they know that you're my prey and I hate it when someone tries to steal my food."

I take it back!

"Bummer," I mumbled. "But anyway, I failed to dispose of Andrew, I hope he won't make a fuss about shooting him with a tranquilizer."