I'm Happy

Zara POV

We made our way to the mall. I woke up this morning just sad. I know I should be thankful I'm alive, but some days it gets to be too much. Today was one of those days.

However, I was determined to make this a better day, so I thought of all the positive in my life. I had my brothers, I also was having no craving for any drugs or release. This was good and I was determined to keep it that way.

As we got to the mall, I know one thing I desperately wanted was a huge sweatshirt that I could drown in. I know I could probably asked my brother and they would give me one in a heartbeat, but I wanted just one of my own.

Declan helped me out of the car and I thanked him. It was weird needing help and not being able to feel my legs, but that was another negative I would think about another day.

We made our way into the mall me in my wheelchair. I must look strange with my tall brothers surrounding me, as Declan pushed me in the wheelchair. I decided I would just ignore any stares I would get, beside I'll never see these people again.

Shop after shop my brothers were determined to get me anything I wanted. However, I lived in basic clothes all my life. I have absolutely no style. I didn't care though I was comfortable.

At the end of the shopping trip I had enough clothes to last me a lifetime. I had also found my huge sweatshirt I so desperately wanted. I knew I was going to be living in while doing my homeschooling. I'm pretty sure I was already able to graduate as I had enough credits to receive my degree. I'll have to ask my brother.

I was also extremely hungry and in need of food.

Declan was still pushing my chair, so I looked up at him.

"Is it okay if we stop to get some food? I'm kinda hungry." I said loud enough, so all my brothers could hear and get the message.

Sammy cut Declan off before he could say anything.

"Sorry Zara. It's been a long day, I know. Let's eat out for dinner if that's okay with everybody?"

I nodded my head and looked at my other brother who all nodded eagerly. I knew Theo must be happy not having to cook tonight.

"Awesome. Let's get going we can decide what we want in the car."

With all the bags in tow we made are way to the car where Flynn helped me into the car this time. They let me sit in the front again, which I was thankful for. I hate sitting in the back of cars, I like to see directly where I'm going.

We decided on Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I had never ate there before this. Apparently, Declan likes the peanuts they serve and the bread. I was fine with whatever. Options where never a thing in my life.

We made it to the restaurant where Theo helped me out this time. I think they had an unspoken agreement to switch off who would help me out when all together.

We waited for our table when a question popped into my head.

"Sammy, when does my physical therapy start?"

"Next week. Sorry I was gonna tell you later tonight. I found a physical therapist that is able to come to the house. His name is Phoenix Water. He's recently graduated and you will be his first at home client, but he passed all his classes with flying colors, so don't worry."

I nodded my head. Phoenix. Thats a cool name. I hope physical therapy isn't too hard. I also hope I don't freak out about being near another male. I'll think about that later, now I just want chicken tenders.

We made our way to the table, where yet another question lingered in my head. If I don't ask now it would just float around my head and annoy me so I spoke to Sammy again as he was the one with the answer.

"Can you ask the school if I can graduate early. I think I have enough credits. I'll probably just have to take the final exams."

"Of course, I will. That would take another thing off your plate." He smiled at me as we were all finding our spots as the table. I decided to stay in my chair and just pull it up to the side.

I decided to spark up a conversation at the table.

"Ezra. Flynn. I was wondering when you're graduating?"

"This is our final year so we are graduating at the end of the month. Both of us will have a business degree, we wanted to work with Sammy and stay close." Flynn said.

"I'm excited to graduate. I hate school, but I also do not want to adult." Ezra stated. I nodded at them maybe I can do college online and figure out something to do.

"What about you Declan?"

"I think I want to be a social worker, get kids out of bad situations." I looked at him and smiled. I knew he always wanted what was best for me, he just didn't know how to help. He was a kid himself, I couldn't blame him for my misery. Knowing he wanted to help others made me proud.

He was always my rock as a child, my best friend. It was time to live in the now.

"That's awesome Bubba. I know you can do it. You too Ezzy and Flynny. You're almost there. Sam Sam and Teddy, since you already graduated I just want to say I'm proud of you guys, all of you." They all looked at me in shock, using their childhood nicknames. I could see moisture in Declan's eyes. I hadn't call him Bubba in years. My other brothers in a bit of shock. Sam Sam was what I called Sammy as a child, as he hated being called Samuel, everybody else called him Sammy. I wanted to be different. I forget Samuel's his name sometimes. Nobody calls him that. That was off topic.

"Thank you baby. I know it feels good hearing that from you the others probably can agree." Sam Sam said while looking at my other brother. All of them beaming with happiness.

Kinda weird having an open heart confession in the middle of Texas Roadhouse, but who cares.

Everybody was smiling as it came time to order. We order and ate our food. our hearts feeling light and our bellies full. Conversation around the table.

I was in a genuinely good headspace at the moment and I felt good about the future. I'm happy.

Hi Butterflies 🦋

So, Zara and the brothers are opening up to each other more. That makes me happy. The only way is up for now.

I hope your enjoying the book so far and thank you for over 5k views, this is amazing.

Leave your comments and votes, it would be appreciated.

LOVE YA!!!!

Bella 💙