37. Goblet Confrontation

Ava's Pov

"W-when w-were you going to tell me?" I had, brokenly muttered with my eyes in painful tears.

"Ava..." he said, taking a hold of my hand, which I remembered ripping away the minute it was held.

I had been, bare to his gaze, but it didn't matter...

My wolf wanted more of his touch, but it also didn't matter...

"I hate you, Caspian. I love you but I hate that you hurt me all the time."

Those were the words that rang through my head, the entire day. And in the night, when I slept. Till this morning. Till morning came...

"Arrgh!" I gave out a groan, shuffling my legs angrily while I laid on the bed.

Why hasn't he gotten back to me? Didn't he know how to romance a woman? Or his own mate, at that?

I needed his presence. His apology and assurance, that he won't continue to do as his father bids. That he was going to be a man of his own will.

"My Knight." A knock highlighted on the door.

My eyes bolted at the fact that it was daylight and I hadn't gotten out of bed, as the Knight.

Quickly, I used my wolf speed to wash myself and wear my clothes. I sat in front of the dresser with my chin pretentiously up in honor, as I feigned to be dressing.

"Come in."

I hollered. Felicia walked in the door instantly, clothed in her assistant clothes. The scar still very much visible on her face. That reminded me of the truth of who she was- the good twin.

"Good morning, milady. I-I am afraid but I must let you know that the Rook demands y-your presence."

I chuckled at her stammers but in realization of what she said, my brows arched instantly. My hands moved to the hems of my gown impatiently.

My presence? What was Francesca up to? She and her puppet Bishop...

Perhaps I had waited too patiently to end the both of them.

...

I didn't rush to see her. Instead, I took my time. Didn't even know if I was doing that to wait for Caspian to summon or come to me. It took hours, but he didn't show up.

Almost at the verge of going to him, I decided to save some pride and go and see those evil people. On my way there, something made me stop in my tracks.

It was crazy how I forgot that a pup was growing in me.

With that thought, I hastily moved to tell Cassie of my whereabouts. If I didn't show up after a given time, she was to raise an alarm through Jaskier and inform the beast, that I was missing.

I also left Piper with Master Zu. They seemed to get along, and he seemed to be the only one that could protect her.

"You both." I barged in Francesca's room.

"Ava, Ava..."

Francesca said, sipping from her goblet. It was something that smelled almost like iron. Right beside her, sitted Cicilia, like I had guessed.

"What are you both up to, by summoning me?"

I let out, fuming also trying to control myself from losing it totally. For the sake of the pup in me.

"We decided that your potentials aren't that bad at all. You should join us." Francesca added, pouring the substance that was supposedly for me. I scoffed at realization of what it contained, when Cicilia stood up.