ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

Larsan is avoiding you, which made you upset and frustrated.

The only reason he was avoiding you was because of the reason why he didn't like the idea of the two of you being just friends.

Larsan felt that the thought of your two being friends caused him some sort of pain or discomfort.

So, you stayed away and decided to have his space until he comes back in terms of speaking to you with ease.

Honestly, you could have accepted his confession, but you feel like you would be using him.

Because you only love him as a friend, it won't be fair to him if you want on with the relationship.

Right now, that is not what is bothering you, what is bothering you is that you are having dinner...

...alone with the king, his sons are at their lessons.

The way Celestan is staring at you makes your stomach churn with nervousness.

"Do you know how I came to rule this island?"

"No"

You look up from your food and at him, waiting to hear what he has to say.

"I woke up on this island after a storm had hit my ship after I killed my wife, my two sons and I found ourselves on this island" he explains with a smile.

Celestan doesn't even look bothered to admit that he killed his wife.

"Why did you kill your wife?" You inquire fearfully, as he takes a sip from his drink.

"Because I discovered that she cheated on me" Celestan places his cup back on the table.

"You could have just left her" you point out.

"Now where is the fun in that? Leaving her unpunished just like that seemed like an unfair deal"

Celestan leans forward in his chair, intimidating you with his closeness.

"What do you think about cheating though?" You raise an eyebrow at him.

"I don't support it, being unfaithful is horrible, nobody deserves that" you explain.

"Now I guaranteed that you would never cheat on my younger son with others...it would be unfortunate if you do so"

You lean back in your chair, feeling uncomfortable by his words.

He is clearly threatening you, the sinister undertone is enough to make anyone fearful.

But why would you be afraid? You have done nothing wrong so far to be afraid of the aftermath.

"But there is only one person you could have an affair with if Alastrain is not enough," Celestan says mischievously.

"Who?"

Celestan places a hand on your hair, pulling your face and body closer, while still sitting.

"Me"

Maybe it was better to stay back with Zephyr in the woods.