(132) He Looked Like Someone Whose Wife Had Just Died

Lu Xun wasn’t very happy, even his favorite coffee didn’t taste as good as it normally does.

Housekeeper Zhang peeked at him a few times, and he looked like someone whose wife had just died… She felt so bad for him that she had to look away.

When Lin Yiyi finally arrived home, Housekeeper Zhang was finally released from her sentence and she disappeared immediately. She couldn’t have run away any faster.

“What’s the matter? Look at how you have frightened Housekeeper Zhang.”

Lin Yiyi glanced over at him, put down her purse, and looked at the time.

It was still early and Old Wang had already left to pick up Shanshan. Yuran’s school was not out yet.

She sat down on the other couch, somewhat close to where he was sitting.

Looking at his constipated face, she had no idea what had happened.

Lin Yiyi rested her head on her palm and started speculating. “Did something happen at work? Did your lover cheat on you? Or did your nephew come out of the closet?”

Lu Xun stared at her.

Lin Yiyi couldn’t help but busted out laughing. “I, I am just messing with you.”

Oh my, she was laughing  so hard that her stomach hurt…

That was too funny.

Nope. She still couldn’t stop herself. “HAHA… that was hilarious!”

When she finally stopped laughing, she was met with Lu Xun’s sad little look.

“Aiya, what’s the big deal? Big sister will go make you some food. There are no issues that big sister’s meals can’t solve.”

And if there was, then just have two meals!

Now that she had been around two children, she noticed that she had gained one more skill – having the patience to learn what was on the minds of the two youngsters and be their big sister who would help them solve their problems…

And, almost always, they would resort to using a good meal to resolve any problems that they may have.

Lin Yiyi walked into the kitchen and laid out the ingredients. Then, realizing that it was almost time to stream, she went back into the living room and fished out her cellphone from her purse.

Watching her going in and out, Lu Xun only felt that she was a busy bee. He got up and followed her into the kitchen.

Except when he was standing by the kitchen entrance, all he saw was the woman setting up the tripod to prop up her phone.

Perhaps his gaze was too intense, it didn’t take Lin Yiyi long to notice him. She quickly held up a finger and shushed him, gesturing to him to not make a sound.

She finally felt a sense of relief when he nodded with hesitation and said into the camera, “I have a friend who likes fish a lot; so what I am going to show today is the scrumptious ‘Sichuan Style Fish Fillet with Pickled Vegetables’…”

She turned her body and pointed the camera at the snakehead fish that was already laid out on the cutting board along with all the other ingredients.

Then, she turned to look for her apron.

Her apron was hung up on a row of hooks next to the kitchen door.

Lu Xun turned and looked in the same direction as Lin Yiyi was looking at and noticed the apron as well. He took it off the hook and walked over to her. 

He purposefully walked around the tripod, avoiding the camera, and stood next to her.

When Lin Yiyi turned to look at him, she noticed the way he was towering over her.

Lu Xun was a very tall man. If he was over at Shengshi Entertainment, he’d have given others a strong sense of pressure. And now, with the small distance between them, for the first time, Lin Yiyi also felt this invisible pressure coming from this man.

“Let me help you with it.” He pointed at the knife in her hand, gesturing that this would be a hassle for her.

Before she could say anything, a hand was already in front of her with the other hand coming around as well. The strong presence of the man made the strange pressure that she had just felt just a moment earlier disappeared completely.