2 | Strange familiarity

Your POV

Your POV

"Y/n , you better be there inside the car within ten minutes." At this point I didn't care about choking on my bread as I stuffed the most of the content into my gape along with water to help myself gulp down. " Dad , your meeting with the chief can wait ! Can't you make out some time for your daughter on her first day at  University?"

Emotional blackmail. Yes, that was the only option left for me to apply to my father , if I wanted to pack my bag properly without leaving out anything important. "That won't work on me dear. You better be Swift." I sighed and nodded my head in defeat , quickly drawing the chains and made my way to the living room from where the man was forwarding his orders.

"There you are. Let's get going." My father flashed me a smile as he advanced from his seat to stand up straight. My eyes roamed around his form , as a smile unintentionally tucked up on my lips. Having him as my father was the best that could have happened to me. His diligence towards his work and still the way he managed time to shower love over his family was admirable.

My father was an officer who was also the ideal I wanted to follow. His excitement to meet the chief had a reason behind. The announcement of him being able to investigate a long going serial killer on the race , had had him overwhelmed with exhilaration. And that ended up me being hurried outside my comfort place , that is home.

**********

"Have a great day dear. I'm really sorry that I can't come and pick you up after the classes. I hope you don't mind." It didn't take me time to shake my head and give a light push to my father's back so that he could sit back inside his car. "Dad , that's not even a problem. I am all good to go back alone , plus it's been a while since we have been to Daegu. I'll have time to look around as well."

Dad nodded with a chuckle escaping in the middle. Relentless , he got back inside the car and after I made sure to bade him , he was off to work and I was off to have a stroll around my new University and then finally the classes.

I was a bit astounded by the simplicity of the surroundings. This was something which was lacking in Seoul , I remembered . There wasn't anything fancy , nor did the students seem so. A touch of normality was present than those highly urbanised places where fashion most probably was more important than the sole purpose , that is education.

Being brought up in Daegu till age 16 , I was more used to this place than I was in Seoul for the following four years. In my twenties , Daegu was the best place to get back to , all thanks to my dad getting transferred back to where he started from. 

After having a good look around and making sure to know where the cafeteria is because food is life and energy , I was finally on my way to hunt for the first class. Maths , sh*t Sherlock , did I even memorise the formulas ? Guess not. With utmost try I shrugged that thought outside my head and concentrated on the main purpose. Classroom.

My luck was at its best today. That was for sure. After a little stretch of search , right then I was standing face to face with our maths professor himself. It was a bit embarrassing to ask the professor himself for his information but the man in his forties seemed to be not bothered about it.

Till then other students were already present outside the class and all thanks to the professor for being so loud about me being "the new girl" then every living being present there was showering me with their attention.

With a big grin on my face , I nodded my head diligently ( wasn't paying attention though) and heard how the professor went on about how it will be hard for me to catch up with the syllabus as it was already time for our first term .

Finally failing to hold on with the long eye contact , I decided to look away , anywhere but our overly excited professor. In that attempt , my eyes happened to fall in trap with another set of dark orbs, standing quite some steps away. I wasn't sure why but a strange familiarity was present in them and before I could further let my instinct question whether I knew that person or not , he was already advancing towards the classroom.

After he had left the spot , I turned my attention back to the professor. To my much disappointment , he hadn't stopped yet and hence the only way was to interrupt his ongoing chatter. " Sir , I'm really sorry to talk in the midst but according to the schedule I was handed over , I think you are getting late for the lecture ."

Thank god I didn't stutter ! My words had surely brought realisation to our maths professor when his eyebrows shot up and he brought up his wrist to check the time . He was indeed getting late. "Thank you for reminding me , kid. Let's go and introduce you to the class." He patted my back showing an assuring grin and I smiled back at him agreeing to his words.

This was not sure whether our professor was that open and cool in nature or he was just fond of me as a student although I was sure he would not be once he encountered my grades , but still chose to go with the flow.

"Morning, class. Been a while since we got to see each other , right ? Missed me ?" Nah ! The man was just that cool from the bottom of his heart. I wasn't in love with the subject , but seemingly would fall for this maths professor. " Of course sir ! You are our fav afterall. "

Following the voice , my eyes landed on a tall broad guy who was seated beside that familiar person . He had a faint proud smile on his lips when the professor chuckled at his words. "I would like to introduce you all to Lee Y/n. She joined-"

"Sir we already know from the conversation you both were having outside the classroom." Some of the students chirped out interrupting the professor. If rude would be humans then these people would suit perfectly. "My boy , you lack some manners . I will let it pass for now because we are running late for the lecture. " Even his strictness sounded cool.

He was the epitome of everyone's dream professor. " Y/n you can take a seat , we can do the introduction part after the class ends. Yeah ? " I quickly nodded my head in approval , mumbling a "sure" and then took a seat on the third row , fourth bench. The first bench seemed to be a mission to get in this class.

No matter how cool your teacher is and how well he teaches maths will never not be boring for me. I could write pages of my hate story with this subject and no I would not regret it. The fourth bench did justice to me and I could hide my not so interested reaction towards the class skillfully. A huge sigh of relief left my gape when professor Han , as he stated his name was , finally ended the long one hour class.

"Thank you all for attending the class. I'll return your class assessment test papers tomorrow but it's not a surprise to me that Taehyung got the highest marks yet again." On mentioning that, the same guy with whom I had eye contact , stood up from his seat with a boozing smile and bowed to the professor.

Slightly astounded , I shook my head to myself . I did not know what I expected from him , but it was anything but that smile . He looked like a stoic , cold type of good looking dude. Nevermind , I should be fascinated about the view outside the window beside my seat , which kept me company throughout the class.

But that never happened when my name was called out again. "Y/n , as the professor I would have loved to show you around . But as a busy man I am , I'll let Taehyung do so in place of me. I absolutely adore this guy and in this way you can make some new friends too. Alright?"

With a swift urge to disapprove I was ready to speak but Professor Han was faster. "Alright students. Class is dismissed." And just like that I was left there with an open mouth , ready to let the kind professor know that I had already roamed around half of the university myself……

Then my eyes travelled to the Taehyung guy allotted as my "guide" and bading at him with an unusual smile seemed like the best option at that moment.

Professor Han has officially taken the job of being the matchmaker y'all ! Hope you enjoyed reading this part. What are your thoughts on Y/n's character 👀 don't forget to vote. Thank you 💜