CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE

ACE OF HEARTS
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE: WHO THE HELL
IS VICTOR CREEL?

     WHILE STEVE HARRINGTON AND THE OTHERS spent the entirety of last night dealing with Cassie Harrington and Vecna's Curse, Nancy Wheeler and Robin Buckley were doing extensive research at the Hawkins Public Library

WHILE STEVE HARRINGTON AND THE OTHERS spent the entirety of last night dealing with Cassie Harrington and Vecna's Curse, Nancy Wheeler and Robin Buckley were doing extensive research at the Hawkins Public Library. After spending hours upon hours of searching through public records, newspapers, and other miscellaneous files, the two girls came across a specific piece of information that might connect to the origin of Vecna's Curse. Also during this time, Lucas Sinclair abruptly returned with some other news about Jason Carver, who was now on the hunt for Dustin Henderson. The reason being, Dustin knew where to find Eddie Munson. According to Lucas, Jason Carver was one hundred percent convinced that Eddie Munson killed Chrissy Cunningham, and he would not stop until he found him.

For these reasons, and many more, Steve Harrington and the rest of the group returned to Mike Wheeler's house at the early hour of 9:30 AM, abruptly waking the two teenagers up from their peaceful sleep without warning. The several frantic knocks on Mike Wheeler's bedroom door caused Cassie Harrington to nearly jump out of her skin, feeling every bone in her body tense up as she whipped her head towards the sound. Neither Mike nor Cassie were expecting anyone to call for them this early.

Turning to the boy beside her, Cassie worriedly asked, "What's going on?"

Mike shook his head, "I don't know."

Pushing himself out of the bed, Mike Wheeler carefully walked toward the door. As he approached the handle, he soon turned back to Cassie and placing a finger over his lips, signaling her to stay quiet.

"Who is it?" Mike loudly asked.

"Mike, open the goddamn door," the unmistakable voice of Dustin Henderson called from the other side.

Pulling open the door, Mike Wheeler was met with the familiar face of his friend, along with several others standing just behind him. Rolling his eyes, Mike turned his back to the boy and returned into his room, "You've gotta be kidding me."

"Alright, move your butts let's go," Steve Harrington's booming voice rang through their ears, earning several groans in annoyance from Mike and Cassie.

"Jesus, Steve," Cassie whined, shoving her face back into the pillow. "What the hell are you guys doing here? It's so early."

"We have a lot of new info about this curse thing," Steve explained. "You're going to want to hear this."

"Why couldn't you come at a more reasonable hour then?" Mike Wheeler tiredly asked, taking a seat back down on his bed. "You know, not at nine in the morning?"