𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎

☃︎

Imogen Upton (age 16)
Word count: 1217
Request: just for you sebstanisfuckinghot 😋

Imogen's POV

As a female, I don't understand females.  I mean... how can someone be so friendly one day, and then become satans secretary the next? I just don't understand it.  I'm currently waiting outside of the mall, expecting my friends to arrive any second now.  But I've been waiting for 30 minutes and I'm starting to think they're not coming, I guess I should've thought that twenty minutes ago.  I check my phone for any kind of sign but still nothing comes through.

           Feeling a little impatient, and thirsty, I head inside and stroll towards the nearest Starbucks pop up shop. I order a strawberry frappe and step back to wait for my drink. I gaze around and take in the smell of fresh desserts, I love this place.

As my eyes filter down to the cinema on the other end of the mall, my heart drops as I see Ellie and kacie walking out with drinks and popcorn, laughing like they didn't just leave me standing outside whilst they watched a movie without me. Where are the others? Did they leave them out too? I'm so caught up in my own thoughts that I don't even hear the barista shouting my name. I finally snap out of thought and grab my drink before walking over to them, "uh hey? I was waiting for you outside..." I shake my head. They both stop in their tracks and I can see the regret on their face. Not regret because they can see how visibly betrayed I feel, but regret because they got caught.

           Ellie looks over her shoulder as another wave of laughter bursts through the cinema doors.  Out stumbles the rest of my friends holding their own stuff.  This wasn't a two man job, all 6 of them left me out on purpose...

           "You said we were gonna meet under the arch at 12..." I manage to sigh as tears threaten to spill.  Kacie frowns, "we were going to tell you we changed the time, but we thought you wouldn't have came anyways. Y'know since you can rarely come out with us" she shrugs.  I look over at the other four who seem to be just as guilty looking as kacie and Ellie, which isn't much, "but I said I was coming today, you guys knew I was free to come" I shake my head.  Ellie smiled sadly, "look we're sorry, we just thought we would watch the earlier movie instead" she reasons.  I nod, feeling rather embarrassed with the whole situation, "okay, well uh. I'm gonna head home, see you at school" I turn around and leave.

I wipe my tears away as I begin my trek home. I should've known they'd pull this stunt eventually. Even at school, I'm always left out of the conversation. I sit on the end seat at lunch, my locker is on the other side of the hallway. I've always been the tag along, but I never actually accepted that they'd do this to me.

Haileys POV

"We can book a reservation for tonight. How about seven?" I look up at jay from my place on the couch. It's been months since we last had a date night and since we have a day off, why not have one today? He smiles down at me, "sounds great" he nods. I smile and fill in my details on the website before we're both snapped out of thought by the front door opening. I'm a little confused as to who it could be, given that Imogen just left to go see a movie with her friends. We both sit up, anxious to see who the hell just entered our house.

We're both even more confused when we see Imogen throwing her jacket over the banister, "you're back early..." I call out to my daughter. Imogen ignores me and runs straight upstairs to her room, closing it behind her.  I turn to look at jay who's still staring at the stairs with furrowed brows, "that was weird, right?" I stand up.  He nods, "maybe she needs time?" He suggests.  I sigh, "yeah. probably" I mumble before sitting down.  However my mind is running wild with worrying thoughts as to why she's home so early.

I decide I can't take the waiting any longer, "I need to at least check she's okay" I sigh and stand up. Jay shoots me a small smile as I run up the stairs. I approach Imogen's room to find the door locked, "Imogen?" I knock. I hear her roll over on her bed, "I wanna be alone!" She calls out. I sigh, "okay, just come to me when you're ready" I reply as I slowly back away from the door.  I run back downstairs to find jay frowning, "she okay?" He holds his arm out.  I sigh and flop down, "she wants to be alone for now" I can only shrug.  He nods, "let her come to you" he advises and I smile, where would I be without this man?

Imogen's POV

It's not until around 6:10pm, which is right now, when I actually go downstairs to see my mom. She's sat on the couch with jay, and it doesn't even faze me that he's here, he's like a father to me anyways. I sit down in between them and sigh, "my friends decided to watch the earlier movie without telling me, and I found out when I bumped into them inside the mall. They left me out..." I fold my arms. My mom sits up, "they did? Has this happened before?" She frowns.  I shrug, "I mean, they've done things without me but that's only because I couldn't go. But honestly I don't know, they might've made plans without me, they might not have" I keep my head down.

           I feel Jay place his hand on my shoulder so I look up, teary eyed, and smile weakly at him, "they're not your friends, kiddo. Real friends would include you in everything" he squeezes my shoulder.  I nod, "I know..." I sigh.  My mom plants a kiss on my head, "well screw those girls, it sounds like this calls for a takeaway and movie night" she smiles and pinches my chin.  I sigh and smile, relaxing into the arm jay just threw over my shoulder.  I smile up at him as he smiles back, "you've got us, that's all that matters" i nods.  I sigh heavily but nod, he's right.  I'll always have these two.

            "How about I take you for a manicure tomorrow? Girls day" my mom lifts my feet up so she can sit down then places them on her lap.  I smile, "sounds good" I nod.  Jay sighs, "what about me?" He fake gasps.  I pinch his arm making him squeeze me tighter, "unless you're a female, you're not coming" I shrug.  My mom laughs as jay shakes his head, "I know where I stand" he looks away and I can't help but snort a laugh.  My mom smiles down at me and places a soft hand on my leg, "you're amazing Imogen, don't let those girls get to your head. You're better than them" she reassures.  I smile.  Thank you, mom.