Cops

"The cops...." Steve repeated, not even bothering to look at them because he knew that they didn't agree with him. As far as he was concerned, he didn't care what happened to Eddie and he didn't want Adira hanging around with someone like him. He wanted to keep her safe at all costs, and he wasn't entirely sure that Eddie wasn't the one that had killed Chrissy.

"What?" Adira asks her brother, her eyebrows were furrowed as they rested on the back of her brothers head, "you can't be serious? Didn't we literally just have this discussion with you?"

"I mean, listen, if this Reefer Rick is actually a drug dealer, I guarantee you that he has been busted at some point," Steve says, finally turning around and leaning against the counter as he looked between all of them, "it means that he is in the system."

"The cops?" Dustin finally spits out, looking at the older boy with disbelief and annoyance, "Really Steve? That is your suggestion?" Dustin asks Steve, trying to figure out if he was joking or not. I mean, surely he didn't actually think that, that was a good idea.

Adira couldn't help but stare at her brother in disbelief. She knew that Steve didn't like Eddie, he never had. Last year when Steve was still in school, he complained about Eddie, along with many other people, all of the time.

"Yeah, I think they should be filled in on what we know, what is going on." Steve said as he shrugged his shoulders. If it meant that his sister would be safe, he couldn't care less what happened to Eddie Munson, whether he got locked away, proven innocent or sent to court for trial.

"You think that Eddie is guilty don't you?" Dustin asks Steve with a scoff as he rolls his eyes. Dustin turned to Adira so that she could back him up, he gave her a look and she quickly stopped picking at her skin and turned to her brother

"Stevie, c'mon, you're right, the cops would know where Reefer Rick lives. But as soon as we tell the cops that Eddie might be there, they are going to go and catch him. He's not guilty, I know that he's not... I saw her body, there is no way that a normal person, let alone Eddie Munson, would be able to do something like that, there is just no way," Adira tried to explain to her brother

"Oh yeah, because you just know so much about Eddie Munson right?" Steve asked the girl. As far as he was concerned, his sister hadn't been hanging out with Eddie, and he planned to keep it that way. She always ended up hanging out with the wrong guys and getting into trouble

"He is a good person Steve, he's actually really nice!" Adira snapped over at her brother, "he might seem a little rough... and mean and scary on the outside, but he's like a little cinnamon roll on the inside ya' know... real sweet."

"I am just going to pretend that those words did not just come out of your mouth right now. And how do you even know that Adira, you don't even know the kid," Steve argued with her, shrugging his shoulders as he shook his head, "look, I believe in the whole innocent until proven guilty, all that constitutional shit. I just, you know," he clapped his hands together, "i don't think that we can just rule it out."

Max just looked at him in disbelief as she crossed her arms and shook her head, "that is precisely what we are trying to do here steve."

"And maybe, we would have a little bit more luck. If you spent less time trying to find a girlfriend and more time trying to find Eddie!" Dustin exclaims as he motions to the next person that was about to walk into the store. Dustin, along with Adira and Maxine, were pretty much getting fed up with Steve at the moment, it was clear that he didn't want to help Eddie in the slightest, and that was their number one priority at the moment.

"Oh well somebody has to attend to the customers," Steve exclaimed as he also motioned to the people that were arriving out side. They had happened to do this on the busiest day of the week and there was practically a new customer walking in only moments after the last one walked out, thankfully, most of them knew what they were after so they didn't need to much assistance