Chapter 3

Raiden pov
I groan softly as I open my eyes seeing gray storm clouds above me. Wait I can see, "Geez about time you woke up." The same raspy voice speaks and I rush to my feet. Standing before me was a man maybe in his late 20's. His skin tone pale only bringing out his blue eyes that seem to glow.

He runs his fingers threw his shaggy black hair, black markings starting under his eyes.

(Do not own image)

(Do not own image)

"So are you just going to stare at me or...?" I snap out of my daze and rub the back of my head nervously. I mean I can sense the power coming off of this guy, "G-Gomen I just didn't think I would be able to see again..."

"Well you only can in here and when I lend you my chakra." I grow confused, "What do you mean where are we?" He sighs slightly, "We're in your mind dumbass I swear if he wasn't dead I would kill Isamu myself for sealing me into his idiotic kid."

Thats right Touchan he's gone......

I clench my eyes shut, "Ahh geez your not going to cry again are you. I already told you I'm awkward with emotions and shit." I take a deep breath before opening my eyes with determination.

"I want you to help me get stronger." He snorts in response, "And why the hell would I do that." I smirk slightly, "My Touchan explained the seal that was used. If I die, you die permanently there's no second chance." He narrow his eyes at me before cracking a small smile.

He holds his hand out, "I think we'll get along just find." I grab his hand firmly, "Now its time for you to wake up, your Kaasan next to you." Before I can say anything else all I feel is a rush of energy before everything goes dark again.

I groan softly as a wave of pain hits me, "Raiden! Raiden can you hear me?!" Kaachan says desperately squeezing my hand tightly, "K-Kaachan...." I manage to rasp out before coughing roughly, she helps me sit up slowly. And guides my hands around a cup, and when I feel the could water hit my lips I gulp it down greedily.

"Easy Raiden...." Her voice cracks and my heart shatteres as i move through cup away from my lips.

I chew the inside of my cheek when I'm suddenly pulled into a tight hug. I'm stunned for a moment until I feel her wet tears hit what I assume is a hospital gown. Slowly I wrap my arms around her and let out a shaky breath, "G-Gomen Kaachan i wasnt strong enough......"

She pulls away abruptly, "Don't you dare say that Raiden you hear me. You are far more powerful than you realize. And your still very young with room to grow, I know you fought your hardest. I'm just happy you made it back, my baby boy."

Before I can say anything else there's a knock on the door, "Come in."

I hear the door open in close, "Raiden you had us very worried." Realizing its just grandpa I relax slightly, "Now I know we all have suffered a great lost. But Raiden I must ask what happened out there?" I take a deep breath, "We where ambushed....by a 4 man squad of hidden cloud anbu."

The atmosphere in the room immediately changes, "Raiden what was there objective?"

"Capture me to use me as a weapon for the Hidden cloud and kill Touchan." Gramps stays quiet for a moment not saying a word, "I'm going to order protection for you 24 hours of the day since you no longer can be a shinobi."

Anger bubbles in me slightly, "What do you mean I cant be a shinobi anymore." He sighs slightly, "Raiden you are aware that you've lost your sight. Performing simple task are going to be challenging and let's not forget the interest the Cloud has shown in you. This is simply what's best for you and the village."

"No its not what's best for me because you'd be forcing me to break the last promise I made to Touchan. And that's to protect Kaachan and konohamaru, to do that I have to become a shinobi."

"She's right Hiruzen, you know if Isamu was here he would still want her training now more than ever." Kaachan says squeezing my hand slightly, grampa doesnt say anything for a moment.

"Very well if that's what you both want who am I to stand in your way. But I will be pulling you from the academy and you'll start training with me personally in my free time. And I'll get you a sensei for when I'm not available." I can't help but grin, "Yes thank you grandpa I won't let you down." He chuckles lightly, "There's nothing to thank me for Raiden. You are my grandson, its my duty as your grandfather to help you anyway I can. Once you've recovered I want you and your Kaasan to come to my office. There I'll introduce you to your sensei."

I nod, "Will I be place on a team when I'm ready?"

"Hai when your original class graduates you'll be placed on a team. I'll see you both later, Yanami make sure you get rest as well."

"I will Hiruzen." I hear the door close and Kaachan helps me lay back down on the bed. I hum slightly as I feel her fingers running threw my hair, "I'm going to go get a few things from the house will you be okay by yourself?"

I nod, "Don't worry I'll be fine Kaachan." I listen to her footsteps as they head away from me and the door open and closes. Its weird being in darkness all the time, "Once you get ahold of fighting blind will begin practicing using my chakra."

I jump slightly, "I honestly forgot you where there for a moment...."

"Stupid brat."