fire

The world is on fire. I know it. I can feel the world burning. I can feel the smoke in my lungs, the heat on my skin. I can hear the flames flickering along the sides of buildings, along the streets. Devouring the city. 

When my eyes open, it is pure destruction. It appears I blew apart the prison. There is a large dome of shattered pieces of building surrounding me. Vanya and Five stand in the middle of it all, otherwise unharmed. 

"No." I breathe. "No." 

The world is burning. 

The hurt of Five's betrayal is not as pertinent as it was before. It is a gentle sting instead of a knife twisting in my chest. He walks towards me slowly. His hair is ruffled, face smudged with charcoal. 

Five stands in front of me. And I want to forgive him, but I can't. I have become what they all feared—what they all thought I was. He stands there—not running—not leaving, just stands there. And then he wraps his arms around me. It is not comfort exactly, but may just be the closest thing to it. 

"It's my fault," Five's voice is hushed. "It's my fault, Y/N, and I'm so sorry." His arms slide around my back, voice in my ear. 

As the world feels like it's caving in, at least he's still here. 

"We have to go back to the academy," he whispers. Vanya stands amongst the debris. Her hair is tangled and clothes are torn. A couple of scratches dot her face. 

"Was that...it?" She asks, voice hoarse. "Was that..the apocalypse?" 

"We're still here, aren't we?" I breathe, taking a step back from Five. But I can smell the destruction—the flames from a mile away. 

Five grabs my hand, and I know that we are not out of the storm yet. He spacial jumps both Vanya and I back to the house. Back to the house where it no longer stands. 

"Oh my god," Vanya gasps, staring at the wreckage. "It's really gone." 

"We don't have much time," Five grits his teeth. He walks right into the broken mess that we used to call a home. "We need to find the others." 

"Over here," Klaus's voice. It is rather defeated. Never before have I heard him sound like that. Klaus—standing with Diego, Alison, and Luther. They are unharmed, facing the ruins of the Academy. 

"I think I know a way to reverse this," Five brushes his hands off on his pants. "We have to go back in time again." 

"Uh, is that such a good idea?" Diego raises an eyebrow. "Remember what happened last time you went back in time." 

"That was going forward in time, you imbecile," Five snaps. 

Luther eyes me warily. "Why are we bringing her? She's the one who caused all of this." 

Alison slaps Luther across the face, much to everyone's surprise. "And you were the one who's brilliant idea was to lock her up." 

Luther's eyes are wide but he doesn't say anything. 

"All in favour of leaving before we burn up with the rest of the world?" Everyone raises their hands. 

Five offers his hands to Vanya and I. Alison takes my other hand, who joins hands with Luther, then Diego, and Klaus. 

"Let's hope this works," are Klaus's last words before we disappear into a blip of time and space. 

__

So I know that was a really rushed ending, but I will be continuing Season 2 as soon as I can!! Also, I'll be adding some Five x Y/N imagines afterwards because I know there was literally no fluff or anything in this book.