~Marshmallows (Fedex and Marellinh)~

More Fedex? More Marellinh?

Um, YES.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Fitz's POV✩

The chilly breeze of Rimeshire brushed against my arms like it usually did whenever I went to visit Dex. However, the air felt slightly warmer than usual today. As I got closer to the house, I saw something odd. Flames?

A bright bonfire flickered over the outdoor fireplace Kesler and Juline use for their dates every Sunday when Dex takes the triplets to Everglen to run around and use up their energy. A blonde girl with bright blue beads braided into her hair and a taller girl with black hair that faded into a whimsical silver color held sticks topped with white little balls roasted around the edges. Another strawberry blonde boy with periwinkle eyes held his own stick above the flame; his periwinkle eyes gleaming with delight as he turned the stick in his hands.

"Dex!!" I yelled, running up to the fire.

"Hey, Fitz!" Dex said cheerfully. "Come join us!"

Dex handed me a wooden stick and tried to pretend to not notice when our hands accidentally brushed against each. But as he turned away to focus on Marella and Linh, I could see his ears slightly darken to a pinkish hue to match mine.

"These are marshmallows," Marella explained. "Some dessert from the human world. Apparently you get to set them on fire, which I am, like, SUPER happy about." Marella grinned at her free hand which she was using to blast the fireplace to life.

Linh smiled and kissed Marella on the cheek, causing the fire to die down a little as Marella lost her concentration before springing back to sparking embers.

"Don't do that," Marella whined, her face about as red as the fire she was igniting.

"But it's fun!" Linh said, giggling at Marella's annoyed face, which looked more like a puppy than mad.

Dex chuckled, skewering my stick with a marshmallow. "Now you try!"

I nervously inched my stick into the fire, almost losing my grip and dropping it when the marshmallow set ablaze, shriveling into a burnt husk.

"Oooh, I love the burnt ones!" Dex said, snatching the stick away and popping the burnt treat into his mouth. "They're the best."

"You're so weird," I teased.

"I know, that's why you love me," Dex said smugly. I shook my head with disbelief while smiling. He wasn't wrong.

"Fitz has a point, that's super gross," Marella said. "Even I don't eat burnt marshmallows."

"You eat them raw," Linh pointed out to her girlfriend. "That's even weirder."

"You eat them raw too! I saw you take one literally two minutes ago!"

"Raw is gross," Dex agreed, shaking his head.

"Team raw marshmallows!" Marella exclaimed, pumping her fist in the air chaotically.

"Team burnt marshmallows!" Dex argued, and glanced at me as if he expected me to agree.

Marella noticed that, too. "Why don't we let Fitz decide?"

"Hey, that's totally unfair, he's too biased! He's literally dating Dex!" Linh argued.

"How about we call Tam?" I said nervously. "I don't want to be stuck in the middle here."

"Tam is also biased," Dex complained. "He'll just pick Linh's side."

"Why don't we ask the triplets?" Marella offered. Everyone turned towards her, then nodded in approval of her suggestion.