05.

UP IN FLAMES

CHAPTER FIVE

Ashton Ross was on edge, to say the least. His sister as well as Clarke have been missing for the past five days, and he has absolutely no idea what to do. Jasper had gotten Maya to ask about the two of them, Maya revealing that the two girls were brought to the psych ward due to being crazy. They had said that Clarke tried hurting herself while Liv went as far as trying to hurt others.

He couldn't believe it though. He knew his sister, and although she was always on edge, he knew that she wasn't at that point. Something was seriously wrong, and he didn't know how to react.

Soon enough, though, he found himself entering Dante Wallace's office, two guards standing beside him as he's escorted in. He wanted to speak to President Wallace, he wanted to know why they wouldn't let him see his sister and Clarke in the psych ward. Ashton was Liv's brother, they couldn't tell him he couldn't see her.

They were family.

Ash soon entered the room, Dante standing in front of him.

"Ashton Ross," Dante spoke, nodding toward the guards, the two of them exiting. Ash was now left alone with Dante, Dante stating, "I heard you've been in the psych ward everyday for the past five days in search of Olivia and Clarke."

Ash nodded warily, raising a brow at him. "Well, Liv is my sister. And none of you are letting me see her."

Dante held his hands clamped behind his back, speaking, "That's because they're no longer here." Ash's eyes widen, his breath hitching in his throat. "The two of them ran away. I tried to convince them that they were safe here, but both of them couldn't stop looking for enemies when they weren't among friends."

Ash shook his head back and forth. "No, my sister wouldn't leave without me. You're lying. Where is she?"

He shook his head softly. "I wish it wasn't the case."

Ash's concern began to grow, realizing that no one else was out there, that now it was only Clarke and Liv against the grounders. The two of them are alone, and he's not there to protect his sister.

"Well, are you out there looking for them?" Ash demanded, panic coursing through him. "My sister's out there with only Clarke when those savages are out there!"

He took a step forward, explaining, "I'm not going to risk the lives of my people for those who don't want to be here. I hope you can understand that."

Ash took a threatening step forward, a dark look set in on his face as he stared down Wallace. "Actually, I don't considering that's my sister out there! If you're not going to look for her then you're sure as hell going to let me!"

"I'm afraid I can't let you leave, Ashton," Dante spoke, Ash curling his hands into fists by his side. "It's not safe."

"She's my sister," he countered. "I don't care if it's safe, she's my family."

"And in Mount Weather, we're all family," Dante spoke, Ash glowering at him.

"You have to go look for her!" Ash cried out, the raise in his voice making the guards enter once again.

With a solemn look, Dante speaks, "I hope you understand, Ashton."

And with that, Ash was dragged out of the room, kicking and screaming.

If this were home, they would have let him find his sister. And it was then when he realized that Liv and Clarke were right all along, there was something seriously off about this place, and he wasn't sure he wanted to know what it was.