Sawamura Daichi - The Last Dance

AU: Regular

AU: Regular

Tags/ Warnings: GN! Reader, minor swearing, no plot just some fluff

Word Count: 1k +

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

At the end of the hallway, above the double doors that you used every day to exit the school, a banner hung loosely over it. It read: Spring Formal — written in silver paint with a light blue backdrop and miscellaneous flowers surrounding it.

It's been three weeks since the banner went up and the dance was tonight.

Even though school was over, right now, at four in the afternoon, prime time for late school studying, the school was empty. Everyone had left early to get ready for the dance, except you. You were lugging boxes of decorations and blowing up balloons with a couple of other event committee students to set up one of the gyms.

"Hey!"

You gaze lowered from the banner. "Hey Sawamura."

Sawamura frowned. "That was a warm welcome." He turned around and backed up until he stood beside you, following your line of vision to the banner. "Not a dance person?"

"I'm kind of indifferent about it. My friends want me to go though, so I might stay for a couple of songs." You lift the box of streamers in your hands. "Plus, I'm setting up, so the shock factor of seeing everything for the first time is gone."

"What does that have to do with anything?" He laughed.

You shrugged. "Takes away the magic."

"Can't argue against that logic."

You smiled and he smiled back.

Looking away, you cleared your throat. "So are you going?"

He shook his head. "Probably not."

"Not a dance person?"

Sawamura rolled his eyes, unfazed by your teasing. He raised his duffle bag that hung from his left shoulder. "There's an optional practice today and I've been working on something."

A sudden disappointment went through you, making you not want to go to the dance at all. You hoped that it didn't show on your face.

You nodded. "I'll let you get to it."

Sawamura watched you walk down the hall and through the doors below the banner. Despite being a natural leader, he didn't have the guts to ask you and now he wasn't going to the dance with you — or at all. He chickened out. But he had some time before graduation before he'd lose all his chances. Tonight was just another night.

He made his way to the gym.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•