048a - Once Bitten, Twice Shy Part 1

(048a - Once Bitten Twice Shy Part 1)

PLEASE READ.

Hey Guys.

So, this is an announcement for all upcoming Nigerian writers out there. Writers with a lot of potential but have been underrated or unrecognized in Nigerian Wattpad Community. There is this competition going on called "PROJECT PEN". It is an opportunity for you guys to rise to the limelight and be recognized for how good you are.

Registration has started and is closing on the 23rd of this month, so go to their page OfficialProjectPen. The Link to their registration form is on their message board, so do well to register before it's too late. But before you register, look through the guidelines and procedures in their book so you won't make any mistakes.

Trust me, if you are in the category of people I mentioned, this is your time 😌✨.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

(Monday)

"OBARA JESUS!"

I spat out my drink, the sudden yell from Dawn scaring the living daylight out of me. Thankfully, there was no one close to us, I'd have baptized the person with backwashed Lucozade boost.

When I turned back to the curvy girl sitting beside me, she wasn't even sparing me a glance, oblivious to the fact that she scared me and made me waste my drink. Her attention was on her phone, her glossed lips stretched so far up her ears as she stared at whatever it was that made her scream.

She must have felt my stare to the side of her head because she turned her head to my side, confusion marred across her face.

Then, she realized.

"I'm so sorry," She quickly apologized, laughter in her voice. "I just got really excited there for a second. My chest is about to explode with excess excitement right now, you have no idea," She rambled on, voice shaking with as much hysteria I could feel emitting from her in waves.

She was jumpy and bubbly in her seat, it made me laugh, and also curious to know what's got her so high.

"Oya, what happened?" I asked her, putting my drink on the steel table so that I could turn to her properly. Dawn also shifted in her seat, and I could tell she was really excited to share her gist.

"So, Chima and I made a Tiktok video when he came by yesterday evening."

Yesterday was Sunday and Dawn has told me before that ever since she and Sochima became official, her mum has insisted they do this thing called Sunday Family Dinner, where Sochima was invited to have dinner with them, every Sunday evening. I thought it was cute, but Dawn thinks it's just her mum's way of keeping tabs on their relationship.