Chapter 8

Vincent

Everyone's looking at Angelina.

She was looking past me. She was frozen in her seat and staring into space. It was like she's in a trance.

Theo was looking at her tensed. Dylan was clenching and unclenching his fists, looking furious. At the situation, I suppose.  Ace was looking at her with a pained and tensed expression. Ashton was looking down, trying to digest the information.

"Angel", Theo called her.

She broke out of her trance and looked at me with a pained expression. Her eyes expressing the wealth of pain she's feeling. It broke my heart to see my baby sister in pain. But, this is inevitable. I can't do anything about it.

Tears were brimming in her eyes. I would do anything to prevent the tears from her eyes, but this is a situation I can't change. I haven't felt this helpless, after the incident three years ago. i wish there is something I could do to erase her pain.

By now, the tears were flowing freely, down her cheeks. Theo leaned towards her and hugged her side ways. He looked pained too. She didn't look at him. She averted her eyes from me and looked at her lap.

She was furiously wiping her tears. Lina never cried easily and whenever she does, we know that she's in a lot of pain. Her body was shaking due to the continuous sobs, but she was trying to suppress them.

Dylan was clenching and releasing his fists. Ace looked pained, but didn't move from his place on the couch. Ashton had a deep frown on his face.

Theo was hugging her side ways, but not saying anything. There isn't anything any one of us could say to make this situation better. Like any other time, he didn't have anything to say to console her.

"I-I'm n-not your s-sister.", she spoke, trying to suppress her sobs.

I clenched my fists hearing that. Theo stiffened in his place. He tightened his hold on her shoulders. Dylan froze in his spot. Ace looked hurt. He stood up and walked to her. Ashton had a deep frown on his face. Ace knelt before her and held her hands.

"You'r our sister, angel. Our baby sister.", Ace said with a voice laced with hurt.

"I-I don't b-belong here.", she stuttered. Lina stutters only when she is speaking something she doesn't mean. She's a bad liar.

Her every word is a stab to my heart. She has no right to say that. She belongs here, with us. She didn't say anything for a while. After few minutes she finally calmed herself. I could see the wheels turning in her head and I pretty well know the way Lina's brain works.

Ace was still kneeling in front of her, rubbing her hands. Theo was rubbing her back. He looked lost in his thoughts. All this time, my attention was on Lina. I know my sister very well. I practically raised her. She's going to do something that will hurt herself and I'm pretty sure we are not going to like it as well.

She took a deep breath and cleared her throat. She raised her eyes and looked at me. She had a look of determination on her face, which in this situation is not good. 

Theo stopped rubbing her back and just held her by her shoulders. Ace was still rubbing her hands. Dylan was looking at her, tensed. Ashton stood up and leaned against the wall, nearer to her. She had our undivided attention.

"Do I have a family, Bu..", she cleared her throat , before completing the last word.

"Yes.", I replied in my usual cold voice.

She gulped and continued, "W-Who?".

"You, at present, are speaking to them.", I replied.

She looked pained with my answer. She knew it hurt me when she asked that question, though my voice as usual was cold and emotionless.

"What the hell, Angelina! We are your family. You better get that in your head.", Dylan fumed. She flinched due to his harsh tone and Ashton glared at him.

"Like you guys are there for her, do I have anyone?", she questioned again.

I didn't answer that question. I just stared blankly at her. Firstly, I didn't like that question and second, I don't know the answer myself.

"We are there for you, angel. We are family.", Theo told her in a soft voice.

She chuckled painfully and said, "I'm not even your half sister. He was right. I'm nothing but a burden and a disg-"

"Don't dare complete that statement, Angelina.", Ashton spoke for the first time, since he got to know the news.

She looked down at her lap and after a while said, "Isn't it only fair for me to stay with my biological relatives if she gets to stay with you.".

That statement spiked my anger, but I maintained my stoic expression. If Lina continues to speak such nonsense, I might lose my cool and I very rarely do that.

"No, it's not.", Ashton replied simply.

"You're not going anywhere, angel", Theo said in an authoritative tone, one which he never uses on her.

"Why are you saying that, angel?", Ace questioned, hurt.

"Don't say such things, brat. You're not going anywhere. That girl you're talking about will never take your place.", Dylan said and scoffed.

Lina frowned at that and said in a firm voice, "She's your sister, Dyl. She has more right on you guys than I do.".

I know what she's thinking. But Dylan's right. Arianna can never take Lina's place. Lina was, is and will always be special for us.

"Your our sister too. You have as much right as she does if not more.", Theo replied.

"But-", she tried to say something but I cut her off.

"Once you're a Marino, there's no walking out."

*****************************************************************************

So, here is the next chapter.

How is the chapter?

I couldn't describe each character properly, but in coming chapters you'll understand them more.

What are your thoughts on the brothers?

What is your opinion on Angelina?

How do you think the brothers are going to react to Arianna?

How do you think is the bond of Arianna and Angelina going to be?

Please vote, comment and follow.

Yours lovingly, 

Author.