Revealing the truth to Sirius and Remus

Sunday – 25th of June – Number 12 Grimmauld Place – 8:11 PM

I had done it. I had sorted through my mind and had made a decent shield! It had taken close to a week of constant adding and taking away things. Everything was where it was meant to be.

"Are you ready, Harry?" Remus asked as he sat in front of me. Sirius was looking at me nervously. "If you think you need more time to strengthen your shields, you can have a few more days." Remus said as he ruffled my hair. I shook my head softly.

"No. I'm ready to see how far I've come into defending my mind." Remus nodded his head in understanding. "And if you do get into my mind, you can tell me if I arranged my memories good or not." I said as Remus nodded again and looked me in the eyes.

"Legilimency!" Remus said as I felt a probe at my mind. I kept the shield up as the probing then increased. I winced slightly and tried pushing Remus out of my mind. The probing then increased tenfold in speed and strength. I then sighed as the probing stopped. I felt as if someone was in my head, searching for something. Remus then pulled back with a startled look. "Was that a basilisk?" I nodded my head as Remus gave me a smile.

"So how did I do?" I asked as Remus gave me a large smile.

"Your shielding is okay but could improve a lot, but your mind is a whole other matter." I smiled slightly at that. "Your mind is quite good. Even if you just add a bit more defense to the area than what you already have, maybe something in the lake, to help keep people away from the cabin. I didn't quite get to the cabin, but that's because the Basilisk startled me quite a bit, along with the dragons." Sirius looked at me wide eyed as he heard Remus give me feedback.

"Okay. Work on strengthening my shields and adding some more creatures. Got it." I said as Remus nodded in agreement. Sirius and Remus turned to each other for a moment before turning back to me with small smiles.

"We need to have a few more tests to make certain but we believe our shields are good enough that Dumbledore will have a bit of a hard time getting past them, and the inside of our mind is quite complex that unless you know us really well, you will have trouble finding anything." Remus said as Sirius scooted closer to me. I raised an eyebrow before rolling my eyes.

"Fine. I'll tell you." I said as Remus looked at me patently. Sirius grinned but looked became more serious. I sat on the floor as Sirius and Remus sat down in front of me on the floor next to the fire beside us. "I got transported back in time to my younger self's body." I said as Sirius and Remus looked at me in silence with blank looks on their faces. Sirius then started laughing while Remus studied my face.

"Good one, Harry! You almost fooled me there for a second!" Sirius said as he then looked at me. I glared at Sirius as Sirius then frowned and then looked at me with a wide eyes stare. "You're… serious?" I gave Sirius another glare as Remus continued to look at me blankly.

"No, you're Sirius." Sirius then gave a small, weak laugh as he stared at me. I rolled my eyes. "It's how I know more information on subjects and people then I really should." I said as Remus gave a nod. Sirius just looked at me blankly.

"Is that the reason you knew I was a werewolf?" Remus asked as both Sirius and Remus looked at me expectantly. I nodded my head as Remus nodded his head. "How did you find out… before?" I sighed and raised an eyebrow at Remus.

"Do you really want to know? It'll only make sense if I start from the beginning in my past life." Sirius and Remus looked at each other and nodded their heads and turned back to me.

"Yes. Tell us from the beginning." Sirius said as he waited patiently with a curious expression on his face. Remus nodded his head in agreement as I sighed and nodded my head slowly.