Chapter Eighteen - A Huge Confrontation pt. 2

*LEILA*

"Who killed her by the way?" I asked, looking at my nails, ignoring her question.

"Why are we talking about her?" She asked angrily.

"You didn't answer my question," I replied.

"We didn't find who killed her and all her family," Adam replied to my question. I sent a knowing smirk to Angelica.

"Y-Your ex killed her?" She gasped making everyone's eyes widen.

"Oh, no! don't blame my ex-husband. He is innocent." I replied dramatically. "I killed her," I added shocking everyone.

"W-What?" Valeria stuttered. Angelica was still looking at me with a weird expression like she was about to cry and yell at the same time.

"W-Why?" Angelica asked with watery eyes. I decided not to tell her the truth because honestly, I don't want her or her brother to know the truth.

"Well, you know... I was bored and I said why not kill a beautiful girl." I said sarcastically with a chuckle.

"YOU ARE LYING! TELL ME!" She stepped forward but Lorenzo held her back. She was now a crying mess.

"Next time, do not play with me, Angelica Martinez because you will never win," I said firmly.

She screamed and Adam took her quickly and left the mansion. Dalila left with them as well. Demetrio, Lorenzo, and Valeria were looking at me like I'm a ghost. Angelica's parents were still there as well.

"Explain," Lorenzo ordered.

Should I tell them? It's not like I regret it.

"What do you want me to tell you? That I whipped out the Garcia's with 10 bombs? And that I buried Stefano Garcia alive?"

"Don't tell us how you did it, tell us why!" Lorenzo yelled and I flinched.

"Why did you kill an innocent girl?" Callie asked with disappointment as if she knew me before.

"Innocent girl?" I chuckled. "She's not innocent."

"What did she do?" Asked Demetrio curiously. I started to regret telling them because I don't want to talk about it, but when I am angry, I say and do stupid stuff.

"Two years ago, my sister went to Spain on a school trip. On her last night, she went to the club to celebrate her birthday-" I started, and a tear escaped my eye, "-Stefano and Emelia were there too. He...raped my sister." I swallowed hard. Few gasps escaped Valeria's mouth.

"I arrived late that night. It was supposed to be a surprise. I found her in a room, naked. When I asked her what happened, she told me everything. That night she killed herself in front of me and I couldn't do anything. She was only 16."

"Oh my god..." Lorenzo said. "But where does Emelia fit into this?"

"Emelia encouraged her brother to do what he did," I said bitterly.

"I am sorry about your sister." Valeria came and hugged me. "She didn't deserve it."

"If you want me to leave, I understand," I said after breaking the hug with Valeria.

"You are staying," Demetrio said firmly and Lorenzo nodded.

After that, Mateo and Callie Martinez left, without saying a word.

*DEMETRIO*

"I did not see that coming." My father commented. We are currently in his office talking about what just happened.

"Neither did I," I replied.

I did not expect Leila to be...violent? I don't know. It's not like what she did was bad because she avenged her sister and the people that she killed were not innocent. The Garcia's were known for their violence and murdering innocent people, including women and children, something our mafia does not stand for. Women and children and the elderly should always be safe and protected.

"We don't know anything about her. She killed 271 people, Demetrio." My father said hesitantly.

"If someone raped Dalila and she killed herself, wouldn't you do the same?" I asked confidently. I knew I would do anything to avenge Dalila.

"Of course, I would." He scoffed. "But she shouldn't have told Angelica. She played with fire tonight."

"But Angelica has been playing with fire since she met her," I said definitively.

"Why are you defending Leila so much?" He asked suspiciously.

"Because I agree with her. I think what she did was right." I explained. He rolled his eyes and didn't say anything else. Suddenly, his phone rang.

"Who is it?" I asked confusedly.

He picked his phone up and looked through his screen. "It's Giovanni."

He answered and said, "What?"

Judging by my father's facial expressions, whatever Giovanni is telling him, is bad. After they hung up, my father looked and me, and his face hardened.

"Bring Leila to my office, NOW!"

***

I left the office and made my way to Leila's room. Knocking on the door, I entered when I heard her say 'come in.'

"Leila." I nodded.

"Yes? Is something wrong?" She asked worriedly. I didn't know what to say since I don't know what my father wants.

"Giovanni called. My father wants to talk to you." I said and her face paled.

"Great." She walked past me and exited the room. I quickly followed her until we ended up outside my father's office.

"How bad is it?" She asked worriedly.

"I don't know."

We entered the office and my father was sitting on his chair behind his desk. When his eyes rested on Leila, he stood up immediately and said, "We have a very big problem."

"What's wrong?" She panicked.

"Giovanni knows that you are pregnant."

What the fuck? How did he know?

As if she read my mind, she asked, "How did he know?"

"I don't know. Someone must have told him." My father replied.

"Angelica," Leila said bitterly. Why would Angelica talk to Giovanni? Even though she has the motif, why and how did she talk to him?

"I am thinking the same." My father replied and I nodded approvingly.

"Also-" My father continued hesitantly, "-he said something about your father and brother."

"What did she say?" She asked with wide eyes.

"He said that your brother and father are waiting for you." When Leila heard this, she started shaking.

"T-That's impossible. My brother is dead."

"Leila, you have to tell us everything," I said firmly.

She looked at me and shook her head, "I am not ready to talk about them."

"We have to know if you want us to protect you. We have to know everything." My father said.

"Are you okay?" I asked grabbing her arm, but she backed away and flinched.

"Sorry...it's just when I hear about them, I get..." She didn't finish her sentence, but I kind of understood what she meant. She sat on the chair in front of my father's desk and started talking.

* * *