Chapter 24

Madeline was in the cafeteria, it was coming close to 10pm. When the waiter pops by and asks if she wishes for her drink to be refilled. She is drinking a Navy Gin and Tonic with a slice of cucumber, quite refreshing considering the still heat of the weather still at this time of night.  "Yes she will have another one" she hears a familiar voice. "Mick" she smiles. He grabs himself a seat. Madeline lowers her computer lid. "I will have the same" Madeline shakes her head. "No he will have a water, because it is alcohol and you are in the car tomorrow" she giggles, Mick looks down at her glass again. "Didn't realise... looks like lemonade" The barman sheds a small smile at Micks naivety as he collects Madeline's glass and heads back to the bar. Mick looked smart, as if he has just been out on a causal meal somewhere. "Where are you off to - someone is nicely dressed?" I question, as he looks down at himself to re-check what he is wearing as if he had forgotten. "I could say the same to you" I lift my wrist of the medical band that is still attached that I have not yet had the chance to take off.  "I had to dress to impress" Mick laughs as he looks at her wrist. "At least you are out. You feeling ok?" Madeline nods lightly. "I am well, but you have avoided to answer my question".
      Mick leans back in his seat. "Mazepin and I had a conference thing with a sponsor . Was not anything interesting can promise you that. Think I would have rather be ran over by Lando " He smirks. I lift the lid of my laptop and click on the photo that I was going to move into the trash bin. I turn it to show Mick. It was the last photo that I took of Lando, just as he was hitting the barriers. "Shit" Mick said, then he taps on my laptop and reveals the photos before. "These are good takes" he exclaims as he keeps clicking through. "I try". Madeline says. "Mick, turns the laptop round and shows the photo that Madeline first took of Lando" he nods. "This is definitely one to use of his socials" It was a photo of Lando that was him looking off to the side as he has just taken off his balaclava, his hair was a beautiful mess mixed with sweat, and his smile was illuminous making his eyes almost shimmer with Glee. Every part of Madeline loved the way he looked in this photo. He looked happy, he looked genuine, and also beautifully tired. 

"You think so?" Madeline says as she pulls the laptop back in front of her. The bar attendant comes back with a new Gin for Madeline and a water with a slice of lemon for Mick. He places them on the table. Mick turns the computer screen in his direction. "Thoughts? for social media?" The barman has never looked so confused. "She is this mans social network assistant" The Barman looks at Madeline and smiles. "Very nice"  his accent was gorgeous, thick and deep. "Ok, I will use it for his new post." Madeline puts the computer back in front of her, as she grabs her glass and takes a sip of her drink. "Speaking of social networkers as you call your social PA, how are they getting on?" Mick leans back in his seat. "They are having a field day" Madeline smirks. "I can only imagine, barely in his F1 Career as well. They must be working over-time to up his socials back to something more positive"

"More than over time, it feels" Mick says as he starts to drink some of his water. "Never understood lemon in water" Madeline smiles as she opens up her socials and logs in as Lando.

Password: GummyBear

Madeline hits enter. Declined.