Chapter Twelve

Oliver

I held the bouquet tightly in my hand as I used to other to ring Lianne's doorbell. It was the night of Alexia's part and as much as I didn't want to go, the prospect of spending more time with Lianne made the night more than bearable.

I heard a lady's voice, that was not Lianne's shout from inside a 'he's here' before the door was opened. A brown haired woman opened the door for me with a smile.

“Hi, I'm Rhetta, Lainne's friend, come in!” She introduced herself, stepping aside for me.

I slid into the house, noticing that Lianne wasn't in the living room. “Is she ready yet?”

The lady shook her head, glancing to where Lianne's room most likely was. “Just give her a few minutes, please.”

I nodded and she disappeared into the back of the house. I just stood there awkwardly after she left but I didn't have to wait long as a few minutes later, Lianne walked out, looking gorgeous.

“Hi, Oliver.” It was a simple greeting but with her smile and how wonderful she looked, I got a bit flustered.

“Hi Lianne, you look…” I mulled my brain for the word to properly describe her. Not finding anything, I settled for; “Amazing.”

She smiled wider, casting her eyes down shyly. “Thank you. You look good too.”

“I brought these for you.” I drew her attention to the flowers in my hands, two dozen pink tulips that I'd picked out for her.

She glanced at them then gave me a grateful smile. “Thank you, they're so beautiful.”

“Not as much as you are.” I muttered as she took them from me.

I caught the sight of her cheeks flushing before she turned around to place the flowers in a vase. I watched her arrange them, brushing her hands ever so slightly on the petals before she returned to me.

“Shall we go?” She asked, picking her clutch up.

I nodded wordlessly, trying my hardest not to stare. She really did look beautiful with the gold dress fitting like a second skin and her make up perfectly done. It was no wonder how she was a successful model with the hourglass figure she had.

She was pretty with her hair down but something about having her hair up made her look even better. Coupled with her jewelry and bag, I'd say gold was definitely her color.

She screamed a 'goodbye' to her friends who only teased and made kissy noises in return. She rolled her eyes at them and followed me to my Lamborghini Veneno, letting me open the door for her before slipping in.

I got into the other side and started the drive. For the most part, she was quiet, only humming to a few songs that played on the radio.

I made sure to drive as slow as legally possible, earning myself a few honks from driver's behind me.

“Oliver, is there a reason you're going thirty below the speed limit?” I heard her ask.

With a shrug, I replied. “No really.”

She released a breathy chuckle. “So stop driving like an old man.”

I let out a laugh, conceding. I drove much closer to the speed limit for the remainder of the ride to Alexia's house. To say I wasn't happy to be there was an understatement. Parties like this never really thrilled me, though I grew up going to them.

They were hardly ever fun especially when everyone around you wanted to talk business or brag about their latest accomplishments. I'd much rather be at home, curled up on a couch, watching TV.