Let Me Take Care of You (SS)

Introduction:
Severus Snape is stressed out and skips dinner in order to grade papers. However, one colleague notices this and expresses her concern.

PS: This is not a request.

Word count: 2k

Published: 6/13/2022
———————————————

It's an ordinary day for the Potions Master of Hogwarts. He has just finished his last lesson of the day and is heading towards the Great Hall for dinner.

He enters and strolls towards the staff table, sitting between Flitwick and Sprout. Both are too busy talking to the other person next to them. Thank Merlin for that.

Severus sighs in irritation, ignoring his empty plate. He has so much to grade this evening. It feels like he grades all those papers only to grade more the next day. It's a never-ending task.

It makes the Potions Master even more stressed and grumpier than he usually is. He starts regretting that he came for dinner. If he leaves now, maybe he can finish grading earlier. Perhaps he won't need to sleep at two in the morning this time...

Severus decides to do so. He quickly leaves the table, muttering "Not hungry" to his colleagues before hurrying out the Great Hall. He strolls towards the Potions classroom and sits down by his desk.

He looks at the big stack of papers in front of him. He sighs to himself. Great. He wonders what idiotic mistakes the dunderheads have made this time...

However, he barely gets to grab one of the papers before there's a knock on the door.

He growls at that. What imbecile dares to interrupt him now? Shouldn't everyone be at dinner?

He quickly walks towards the door and opens it with great force. As he sees one of his colleagues, he raises an eyebrow at them. "What is it, Y/N?" he asks, not even hiding the irritation in his voice.

The woman gives him a friendly smile. "I noticed you left before you had eaten anything, so I brought some food for you" she explains as she shows a plate full of food.

That surprises Severus. She came all the way down here just to give him food?

He clears his throat. "Well, thank you..." he mutters, slowly grabbing the plate.

Smiling at him, Y/N looks at his desk. "Oh, you have a lot to grade!" she exclaims, looking shocked.

Severus huffs. "Obviously" he says, rolling his eyes.

She looks between him and the stack of papers a few times. "Why don't you take a break, Severus? You deserve it" she states.

He looks at her, puzzled. She thinks he deserves a break? He almost expected her to call him lazy for not doing it earlier. But how could he with all his lessons as well as the missions from Dumbledore and the Dark Lord? He doesn't have any time during the day.

He looks at her, studying her. Of all people, she is the one who thinks he deserves a break. The one colleague his age, also the one person he has a secret crush on.

When Y/N Y/L/N started working at Hogwarts as the new History of Magic teacher, he didn't pay her much attention. However, he quickly realised he couldn't ignore her forever. He slowly started to enjoy her presence as well as their growing friendship.

A friendship he desperately wants to develop into something else, something more. However, he knows she would never feel the same about him. Why would she? She's beautiful and kind. She could do so much better.