The Main Six Duo Headcanons

These are headcanons for the different pairs within the main six ship.

Gov x Louisiana

- Cuddlebugs. These two love to cuddle the most of the polycule and will be impossible to remove from each other.

- Thus far Loui is the most effective in getting Gov to take care of himself. It's because he's the most commanding in the polycule and Gov is whipped.

- Gov is putty in Loui's hands when he speaks Cajun and flirts with him.

- You know what's even hotter than Loui's gratuitous Cajun? Loui when he's sober, which he almost never is. It's such a rarity that every time Gov gets to see it he gets excited. Loui isn't a different person when he's sober but he is obviously different because he isn't his usually-at-least-a-little-buzzed self. (This is mostly based off my reaction to seeing Loui sober on Ash Wednesday in the "Are We Gonna Talk About It" video)

- Both Loui and Gov can dance swing, so they enjoy to do so with each other. Gov also loves to listen to Loui sing or play jazz because he's such a fan.

Gov x Florida

- If Gov ever let loose and agreed to cause chaos with Florida then Florida would probably have his way with him right there. The idea of Gov causing chaos is one of the hottest things to him.

- Plus Gov's brand of chaos is very different from Florida's and he finds that very exciting. More manipulation than blunt chaos.

- Gov and Florida are very similar in the fact that they are both semi-self-destructive. While Gov does sometimes try to take care of himself, more often than not he will ignore his own needs for work. Florida on the other hand just has no regard for his own safety. Honestly the two being together is good for them because Florida is annoying enough that he can get Gov to ignore work, and Gov is anxious enough (and assertive enough once they're dating) to force Florida to care about his own health. 

- Florida is so unused to people caring about his health that it always blind sides him and gives him heart eyes (even when it's Loui).

- Florida loves it whenever Gov makes pop culture references. It just makes him very giddy.

- Florida loves to channel Miami to flirt with Gov, because it's just fun to see Gov fall over himself listening to him flirt with him in smooth Spanish and Latin dancing. In general Gov has a thing for languages.

Gov x New York

- I already mentioned that the first time New York slept through the night after dating his boyfriends was with Gov, and New York was the little spoon.

- New York is the more easily embarrassed one here. He's a tsundere at heart so Gov has to take the initiative. It doesn't help New York that Gov is taller than him.

- New York can dance ballet, which he has thus far only revealed to Gov. Gov loves watching him dance, and really wishes he would let the others know.

- New York is the most fashion conscious of the polycule, so if Gov ever needs fashion advice for a new suit then he'll go to New York. New York has also been on a campaign to get Gov to dress down and get casual.

Gov x Texas

- Gov is stronger than he seems. The first time he picked Texas up bridal style (while he was conscious) Texas just about lost his shit, especially since he's so used to be the strong one.

- That being said, Gov does love watching Texas work on his ranch.

- Convincing Texas that he doesn't need to do everything himself is a large part of Gov and Texas's relationship. You can say Gov's love language is acts of service and he loves doing things for people, meanwhile Texas always chafes against it because he feels like a burden or like he's being pitied. Gov helps to remind him that he deserves to be taken care of to.