Chapter 10 Part 2: Escape Of The Pailsman

3rd POV

  On the previous chapter, our four friends have wandered into the forest to retrieve Owlbert, who became wounded and disheartened.

  But then they found themselves at the presence of the Bat Queen.

  "It's the..." Willow stutters out.

  "Bat Queen. I know. We kinda babysat her kids once. Don't worry. I got this," Luz reassures Willow.

  "Do you though?" (Y/n) asks out loud.

  "Hiya, BQ. My, your hair is looking greasy. And your kids," Luz chuckles. "They're as hideous as ever."

  "You know, that coulda gone worse." Gus says nervously.

  The Bat Queen only growls as she glares at Luz.

  Luz chuckles again, but nervously. "So... Owlbert ran away and I need to get him back. I'm just gonna grab him and we'll be on our way."

  But when Luz was about to go over where Owlbert was, Bat Queen puts a claw on Luz's chest, causing Luz to yelp.

  Bat Queen sneers, "to be careless with a staff, it's very serious. I protect him."

  "And thank you for that, uh, but he belongs to Eda, the Owl Lady." Luz says in nervous apreaication as she removes Bat Queen's claw. "And you owe her a favor, remember?"

  Bat Queen, only got more upset. "Owl Lady is careless. Her staff left her sight. Taken by human who steals, hurts, frightens..."

  Luz looks at Bat Queen with a perplexed expression "Huh?"

  "He told me all," the Bat Queen's eyes then glow yellow. Owlbert's glow the same color.

  "Owlbert, we're so sorry." (Y/n) apologized as she looks at the owl palisman.

  Luz also looks at Owlbert apologetically as she kneels down. "I never meant to hurt you. Please trust me."

  Owlbert looks between the two humans then hoots. He flies onto Bat Queen's head as both of their eyes glow again.

  "Trust must be earned by one... Through trials!" Bat Queen declares as she flies to a perch, and fire bursts from the ground with the final word.

  Gus seemed happy as he waved his flags, "Trials?"

  "Luz the human. You must do my trials to earn the owl palisman trust," Bat Queen announced.

  Willow looks at Luz, "the Bat Queen is well‐known for her impossible trials. I've never heard of anyone winning against her."

  Luz looks at Willow, "but I have to get Owlbert back. I accept your challenge.

  Willow smiles, "and we'll be right there with you.

  Gus raises his flags into the air. "Let the flags raise you up!"

  But the Bat Queen closes her claw. Webs encase Willow, Gus, and (Y/n).

  Gus gapes, "hey!"

  Willow looks down at her restraints. "What?"

  "No helpsies," Bat Queen demanded. "Now, let the trials begin."

  "Wait! Why does she have to do it alone? I let Luz get hold of Owlbert," (Y/n) asks as she struggles.

  "Owl palisman has your trust. You tried to talk reason to your friend, and you console. He knows of your kindness. Other human will not be taking part of trials," Bat Queen answered as Owlbert hoots with a nod. "Milk the spider demon."