Rescue Me: Eddie Munson

There was one man you had hoped you would never ever see again, the man who made you afraid of love, the man who swore he loved you and then hit you the second you didn't follow any of his 'rules', and yet you saw him enter the video store nearly making you freeze but you quietly walked into the back of store acting like you didn't see him. Once you were in the back with the door locked, you called your boyfriend Eddie hoping he could come to keep you company while you finished up your shift. Eddie was the most amazing partner you could have, he was patient with you when he started pursuing you and you explained to him what made you so scared of love and he vowed to kill the fucker who put his hands on such a gem.

"Hi, sweetheart." He said making you smile.

"Hey Eds, do you think you could come to keep me company while I finish my shift." You asked him trying to keep yourself calm.

"Is everything okay?" He asked noticing your tone.

"He's back." You said and you swore you never heard Eddie move so fast in life as he told you he be there in five minutes as you hung up.

You went back out there knowing feeling a little safer now that Eddie was on his way. You were sorting through some stuff that had been turned in over the weekend when your ex approached the counter.

"Ready to check out?" You asked him trying to keep the conversation brief.

"That's it? No hello? Princess, you wound me I thought I taught you better than that." He said grabbing your wrist and making you cry out in pain.

You were scrambling around with your free hand looking for something to fight him off with when heard the door open and felt your ex ripped off of you. You rubbed your wrist as you heard Eddie yelling something at your ex before walking back in.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" He asked you concerned.

"Yeah, a little shook up but thank you for coming." You said wrapping your arms around him and you felt his arms wrap around you. 

"No need to thank me, I swore I protect you from that asshole and I intend to do it." He said pressing a kiss on your forehead.

That's how it went for the next week wherever you were then Eddie was right there with you unless it was the bathroom in which he would just wait outside much to the dismay of your ex who was constantly lurking around was waiting for you to be alone even as far as camping a few hours down from your home so he could watch when you left and came back. 

Eddie had left with Gareth to go grab some snacks real quick opting to leave his van at your place in case your ex was still lurking around. You had been watching tv in your room waiting for Eddie to return when someone knocked on the door making you confused. You peeked out the blinds and saw none other than your creepy ex standing on your doorstep. 

"I know your home!" He yelled as he pounded on the door again making you whimper as you walked over and locked your bedroom door before calling 911 and explaining what was happening as you heard the front door open. 

"Did you really think I wouldn't catch on to what you and that freak were doing?" He called out as you tried to figure out what you were going to do. 

Eddie walked out of the store carrying a few bags of drinks and snacks excited for the movie night the two of you were about to have. When Gareth pulled into your driveway Eddie felt his blood go cold as he saw your front door kick in prompting him to rush in and he saw your ex attacking you, he saw red as he pulled him off of you and started beating his ass. 

"You don't ever touch her! You a piece of shit." Eddie yelled laying punch after punch until he heard the cops pulling up. 

"Sweetheart?" He asked looking over your injuries and seeing you clutching your arm as Gareth helped you stand.

"I'm still here though I think he broke my wrist." You said sadly as the officers walked in. 

Eddie held your hand the entire time while you told the officer everything about your ex and then about the recent events that had been happening and what happened tonight. Once the officer left to get Gareth's story Eddie leaned down and pressed a kiss to your forehead. 

"I love you Eddie." You said looking at him. 

"I love you more sweetheart, and no one is gonna take you from me." He said pressing a kiss on your lips.