Chapter 29: Decisions

~ו×~

~ו×~

You could still hear the horse's hooves hitting the ground as it runs to the palace's main doors. You have never been so embarrassed in your life. You fell asleep under a tree in the middle of the garden, in the middle of your mental breakdown. You cannot believe you did that.

Now the guards are still awake at dawn looking for you who just accidentally fell asleep. How pathetic.

"I really am sorry," you apologize once again.

"That sounded like the hundreth time you apologized in a span of five minutes love. It's alright. I'm glad nothing bad happened to you. This is better than you being in danger," Taehyung comforts as he holds you in place by your waist. His grip getting tighter everytime you start to slip off.

"Next time you ran off, bring me with you," he says chuckling, earning an eye roll from you.

"This is not a laughing matter your majesty," you remind him.

"You'd rather be scolded then? Shall I send you to the dungeon?" He answers and raise his brow.

Another eye roll from you.

"No your majesty," you say. Good thing you're facing upfront.

"I thought so," Taehyung rests his chin on your shoulder as he slows down when he realizes that some of the guards has already went back to their original posts.

"You got me worried. I don't want that to happen again. If you're going to cry, come to me," he gently says, reminding you that he is always there for you.

"Come to me and I'll give you rest," he adds and kisses your cheek.

His warm lips feels wierd against your cold cheek but Taehyung didn't mind. All he wanted to do was comfort you. He wanted to remind you that you are not alone anymore. That he's here with open arms readily available for you.

"Yes your majesty. Thank you for your grace,"

Taehyung hums in content and stayed like that till you reached the palace doors where Eli is waiting.

She then opens the doors for you and the king. No words were said and everyone continued rest as they saw you and his majesty enter safely.

"I heard Heeseung wanted to talk to me about my marriage proposal," the king started.

He walks in first as you follow him behind.

"How is he?" You ask him.

"He just handed me a letter that was wax sealed. He said I should open it on a dire moment. He left and didn't say anything,"

"Did you open the letter?"

"It isn't a dire moment is it?" Taehyung asked.

You nod in understanding. Heeseung has his ways so you let it slide.