1 • INDOMITABLE

Tw : mentions of R@pe , SA and murder

"I Swear in the name of God that what I shall state shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

The court was buzzing with anticipation of today's verdict. Everyone wanted to know who was guilty but among these buzzing minds, a person was scribbling on a bit of paper, uninterested.

The case started with the prosecution calling multiple witnesses and cross questioning them.

"So you are saying that you have seen this girl with multiple boys

"What does the defence have to say to this?"

"All I have to say to the honourable court is that the said witness the prosecution submitted is the accused himself. " He stated nonchalantly.

"Objection your honour.
He is trying to deviate the case. "

"Objection overruled. "

"Advocate Parekh , that is a really big accusation. Do you have any proof to prove your statement to the court. "

"Actually Yes your honour.
And for that I don't have a long list of witnesses like our honourable advocate Desai but just one. I would like to call Miss vishwanath to the if the court permits. "

" Proceed. "

"Miss Vishwanath what do you do for work? "

"I'm not working anymore. "

"Are you comfortable with disclosing why "

"No "

"Fair enough. So miss Vishwanath where were you on that night. "

"I was at the bus stop"

"I thought you didn't work. Then why were you there that late. "

"I was visiting my grandmother. "

"Did you see the culprits that night? "

"Yes "

"And you didn't try to stop them ?"

"I did but he pushed me away then proceeded to drag that girl to their Van."

"Do you remember the man's face "

"Yes"

"How? "
"Because I can never forget his face. "

"Why"
" I asked a question ms vishvanath. Why?"

"Because they were the same people who once tried to rape me. "

"Didn't you go to any authorities. "

"I did. But I didn't win the case as there was a lack of evidence. "

"Thank you miss vishvanath and I'm really sorry for the discomfort this might have caused you. " He said emotionlessly but empathy shone in his eyes.

"A formal statistics state that every sixteen minutes a woman is raped in India. I repeat your honour, a formal statistics. "
"That means that informally the number is higher.
How is this natural?"