Chapter 11 Part 1: Sence And Insensitivity

3rd POV

ɔɐn ʎon ɥǝɐɹ ɯǝ?

ı'ɯ soɹɹʎ ʇɥɐʇ ʇɥǝ ɔnɹsǝ ıs ɥnɹʇınƃ ʎon

qnʇ ı nǝǝd ʎonɹ ɥǝld!

dlǝɐsǝ

ɥǝld ɯǝ bǝɟoɹǝ ʇɥǝ -

  (Y/n) rose from her sleep, again with the voice her has been hearing in her dreams on a weekly basis. She looks down at the pendant. "I must be the unluckiest person to wind up with a cursed object like this," she sighs as she takes it off and stuffs it into her pocket.

  A grumble was heard beside (Y/n). She looks down to King huddled into a ball, clinging to Francois in his sleep.

  (Y/n) laughs fondly before messaging his back. "King, wake up. Time to start the day."

  King grumbles again, "ten more minutes. As your king, I command thee..." He lets out a snore.

  (Y/n) blinks borely before an evil smile spreads across her face. "Alright, you asked for it."

  (Y/n) then grabs King's foot and starts tickling him.

  King lets out a strangled weh before desolving into bubbly laughter. "Okay! I'm awake! I'm awake! Nyeheheheh!"

  (Y/n) huffs in triumph, "good, cause we have a lot to do today." She pats King's back, "so let's hop to it."

  King sighs before yelping as (Y/n) poked his side threateningly, "and I mean it. Or else the tickle monster will strike again."

  "Okay! Okay! Look! Up and at'em," King stands up before heading out the door.

  (Y/n) shakes her head with a laugh, "kids."

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*゚☆゚.*・。゚

  The day starts like any other in the market of the Boiling Isles.

  Especially with Eda's Human Collectibles stand in the market.

  King holds up a tray of mostly inedible human things. "Partake of my free snack samples! Take it! I demand it as your ruler, the King of Demons!"

  Several people pass but none even look at him.

  King throws the tray on the ground. "Nyeh! Why isn't anyone paying attention to me? I'm their rightful overlord. Intellectually and such."

  Eda looks around, "yeah...hey!" Eda then grabs a passerby by the cowl and sniffs. "It reeks more of nerd than money today."

  Luz gasps, "guys! You will not believe what's going on! It's a book fair! Where books come to life!" Luz said excitingly as she poses under a banner.

  Suddenly a book jumps off one of the stands next to (Y/n). "Hello."

  (Y/n) screams and kicks it. "She didn't mean it literally!"