chapter sixteen.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER SIXTEEN 

( WHO YOU GONNA CALL? THE BOMB SQUAD! ) , as we know it.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     JAMIE NEVER REALLY GOT FEELINGS IN HER LIFE. There was never really a reason to get the feeling that she was going to die. I mean, she had nothing to worry about. But this morning when she woke up, she knew that something pretty fucked up was going to happen. And she was inevitably right. 

     But it's not like she had been feeling great anyways. She felt like shit every day because of personal issues relating to the one and only, Derek Shepherd. She hated him with every bone in her body. 

     But she hated the way that she didn't hate him. She was never even close to hating him, not even a little bit- not even at all.

     And when the hospital ran a code black, she was screwed.  

     And Jamie never thought she would be in the situation that she was in now. Her hand inside of a body cavity with unexploded ammunition. 

     And now, the feeling that she was going to die was stronger than ever. Her sixth sense she had developed over years of being a doctor had been loud and clear as her heart was beating out of her chest. Scared, afraid, dead.

     Dylan stood behind Jamie in the OR, putting a protective vest on her while her hand was still in the patient. He was thinking how stupid she was and if her sister was going to follow in the same tracks. "You realize how stupid that was?" He whispered to the female.

     "It was, Jamie. It was incredibly stupid." Meredith stood by her sister, a vest on her as well, pumping the ambu bag. "I'm so angry at you right now." She shook her head with a loud huff. "So, fucking, angry, Jamie Marie Grey."

     "Okay," The elder sister sighed in defeat. "You know when you don't need to be angry at me? Now. Like when I have my hand stuck inside of a body that has a fucking bomb in it and a stranger is velcroing a flak jacket to your goddamn boobs."

     "You've got a sense of irony." Dylan commented. "I'll give you that."

     "Only when things are really ironic." She then cursed under her breath, "I told Kathryn I had a goddamn feeling."

     "What's that?"

     Jamie shook her head. "It's nothing... it doesn't matter anymore."

     Then Burke entered. "It's time for you two to go." He motioned to the interns. 

     "No, I'm staying." Cristina shook her head. "We're staying."

     "There's nothing more you can do here. We've got it covered." When the two still refused, he took a deep breath. "Cristina, this is not another cool surgery. This ammo could go off at any time and kill everyone in this room. Do you get that? You two interns cannot be in here."