Chapter 24: Dive bar on the east side, where you at?🔥

Tine's POV

A week later

"We are ready to file our lawsuit against the Daily Telegraph was unlawful firing of the journalists."

Mil sat across me in my cabin of the new office. Or rather the old office. The building looked the same from the outside, I wanted to preserve its architecture, but we had completely revamped it from the inside. With just five of us working, the office seemed to big, but I was really hoping to hire more people in the next few months as the work load picked on.

"Good, lets get started on that. File the case, send the notice to the newspaper and let the journalists know about it as well. Can we get some PR articles published about it after we file? Possibly with some online media outlets?"

"Yes, I think so. I'll let May know about that."

"And Mil, where are we on our case against that real estate firm that evicted 50 families?"

"Earn and Ohm are handling the final rounds of cross verification and research. We should be ready to file in two weeks."

I nodded. "And... did we find something more about Thanawat?"

Mil looked up, surprised. "I did, but I am not sure if we can even file a case against him"

"Why won't we?"

"Conflict of interest.

You didn't tell me that your husband bought the factory that was previously owned by Thanawat, Tine. This complicates things. You know that, already."

I pressed my lips. I knew that. And if Thanawat's lawyers were to find out Sarawat's grandmother died in that factory fire, they would just say I was seeking revenge. There is no way I'd be able to lead the case successfully.

"I have already thought it through. You can lead the case. I will not have any involvement in it. And we will not be bringing up this factory during the trial, at all. Thanawat has done a bazillion other wrong things, we don't need to depend on this factory to win a case against him."

"And why shouldn't we bring up this factory, Tine?" Mil leaned in his chair." Because his lawyers may bring up the fact that there was another fire at the same factory, after it had already been taken over by your husband."

"It was an accident." I snapped back.

"May be it was, Tine. I believe you because you are my friend.

I am just saying, the judge may not believe that."

"And that's why we are not going to bring this factory up when we go to trial." I started jotting down all the list of tasks in my diary that needed to be done this week just to so I didn't have to pay attention to this entire topic of conversation.

"Let's just cross that bridge when we get there, shall we? There is still a lot of research and paperwork to be done." Mil sighed as he looked straight at me. "How is he, by the way? I heard Sarawat was injured in the fire too."

My pen stopped in its place, the ink bleeding through the paper. "He's okay."

At least I hope he is okay.

I haven't seen him in five days. Ever since we touched down in Bangkok, he hasn't come home. He stays in the office all the time, doing, I don't know what. He seems to be okay physically, but mentally — I am not so sure anymore. If it wasn't for him picking up my phone calls and answering my texts once in a while, I wouldn't even know how he was.

"There's a hell lot of news fodder about Sarawat and his company, everyday." Mil reminded me what I already knew and loathed.

"Yeah. Its almost like the press has nothing else to talk about."