𝐈𝐈 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐈

Sirius Black

Sirius didn't have time to think. 

If he started thinking, then it would have slowed him down. 

So he just pulled on the invisibility cloak, quickly gathered up  all the evidence of an after curfew picnic, then left the Astronomy tower. Somewhere along the way from the Astronomy tower and the Gryffindor common room, he heard the sneer voice of someone he knew very well. 

And hated with a strong passion. 

"Bellatrix." Sirius muttered to himself, thankful that he was wearing an invisibility cloak and his Slytherin cousin wasn't aware of his presence. What was she even doing here, though? Sirius was so caught up in his hatred of her, that he momentarily forgot she was a Hogwarts graduate.

"Those mudbloods don't hold a candle to what I can do!" Bellatrix said, menace present in her voice. "I am currently perfecting the killing curse, and once I do that, the Dark Lord will have to accept me!" 

"Bella, maybe you shouldn't be talking so loudly about this," said a quieter voice, which made Sirius aware of the other person, his cousin, Bellatrix's sister Narcissa. Narcissa was also already a graduate at Hogwarts.

He looked around his surroundings. He was way past the entrance hall, closer to the Gryffindor Tower now. He had to be at least on the second floor. Sirius finally realized that they weren't students anymore. What were two of the three Black sisters doing so far from their mansion? And how did they get in? Had Bellatrix attacked Leah?

Sirius didn't bother hiding. He crept up right behind them, so he could hear better.

"So what? I'm not afraid of this," Bellatrix sneered. "ARE YOU LISTENING, MUDBLOODS?! BELLATRIX BLACK IS COMING FOR YOU! YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK!" She shouted loudly, with a smirk. 

Narcissa looked around worriedly. "Bella, you sound like a mad woman!" 

"So what?" Bellatrix said. "That's what I should be known for." 

"Can we please go back home?" Narcissa pleaded. "Why are we even here?"

A staircase was right around the corner. Sirius could have easily slipped away, and gotten help to stop the guy on the grounds, which he probably should have been doing. 

But because these two were trespassing on the grounds, Sirius knew Bellatrix fit into this. 

"I want to make sure everything gets completed right." Bellatrix said, now making an effort to keep her voice low. "Those nitwits got it wrong last time, it's not going to happen again." 

"What happened last time?" Narcissa asked. "And can we please go to the vanishing cabinet?"

Sirius leaned in closer. What was the vanishing cabinet? Was that how they got in?

So close, that he stumbled. The cloak showed signs of falling off, but he yanked it forward and steadied his balance. It was too late by the time Sirius realized that the bottom of his robe was sticking out. 

"Hey!" Bellatrix exclaimed. "Someone's here!" 

"They have a cloak?!" Narcissa sounded more confused than surprised. 

Bellatrix stepped in front of Narcissa and pulled the cloak off Sirius. 

He winced as he felt two sets of eyes boring down on him.

"Ah, dear cousin. Hello Sirius." Bellatrix said with a smirk. 

Narcissa avoided his gaze. 

"What are you doing here, Bellatrix?" Sirius asked, anger pouring out of his voice.