𝚛𝚞𝚗

𖨆

Imogen Halstead (age 13)
Word count: 1531

Imogen's POV

If my parents won't let me go to this party, then I'll just have to sneak out. Simple. All my friends are going, so why can't i? It's not fair in my eyes, so I will be going, they just don't know that yet.

I decide on wearing a pair of jeans and a body suit, just in case I need to run, y'know... in case they come to murder me for sneaking out. I grab my phone and my jacket, before waiting until my parents go to sleep. It's currently around 10:50pm, now usually they wouldn't go to sleep this early but they've been busy all day planning the wedding. So it works out great for me.

Once I hear my dads snoring from down the hall, I stuff my bed with pillows and climb out of the window. Since I'm on the top floor, it's a long way down if I fall so I slide down the drain pipe, fireman style, before I reach the ground. Try catching me now...

~

Haileys POV

              I wake up with a sinking feeling in my stomach, however I'm not too sure wether I need to pee or throw up.  I slide out from under jays arm and make my way to the bathroom down the hall, opposite Imogen's room.  I do my business, and it turns out I just needed a pee.  Once I'm done I head for Imogen's room.  I always check on her whilst she's sleeping, I don't think I could go through the night without making sure she's okay.

             I poke my head around the door and stare at the bump on the bed.  What, the, actual, hell?  I'm not sure what's under the covers but I sure as hell know it's not my daughter.  It looks like the lochness monster took camp on her bed.  I storm over and rip the covers away to see the bed stuffed with pillows.  That's sneaky child... she's gone to that party.

I bolt back to my room and shake jay awake, "get up, Imogen snuck out" I announce the disappearance of our daughter as I glance at the clock, 2:35am. He slowly wakes up before the news hits him like a brick, he bolts out of bed and grabs his clothes, "she went to that party?" He scoffs a laugh. I sigh, "I'll track her" I grab my phone. Jay runs down the stairs and grabs his keys and jacket before I grab my own jacket and follow suit.

We hop into his truck before he zooms out of the drive, "***5 on pilsen" I shake my head. That neighbourhood is nothing but trouble...

We arrive at the location to see dozens of people on the front yard, "you've got to be joking" i scoff. Jay shakes his head, "I'm gonna murder this kid" he hops out of his truck, tucking his gun in the back of his belt.

We make our way to the back of the house in hopes of seeing Imogen leaving. As we back up into an alley we see kids, similar in age to our daughter, smoking on the doorstep.

Imogen's POV

I wonder how my parents are sleeping tonight now... peacefully I hope. I look around to see the time, 2:45am. Wow, I think I need to stop drinking now. I throw my cup in the bin and push my way through the back door, maybe I should go home now...

I stumble my way through my friends until I'm finally free. It's dark out here, but as I turn the corner I swear my body takes a screen shot. I see the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life...