How We've Met! ~ CH-92

Narrator: Today, we find ourselves in the Kanto region. We're inside a large forest, surrounding the small town of Pallet. It is summer and there is one decently sized open clearing in the forest, containing a few small cabins located in that open clearing. There was a group of people walking between the cabins, running around a few kids that were playing around.

Between those kids was a young, 6-year-old raven-haired boy. He wore a yellow and red sleeveless shirt. The colours were diagonally split. He also wore blue shorts, finishing it off with blue and red shoes. His name was Ash Ketchum. Ash was one of the kids that joined Professor Oak's summer camp that was scheduled this year.

"Gary! Get back here!" Ash yelled. He was chasing a brown, spiky-haired boy of the same age as him. He was wearing his favourite purple shirt, combining it with blue jogging pants and black shoes. Gary was running away from Ash because he pulled a prank on him.

"Come and get me Ashy-boy!" Gary laughed loudly as he kept running. Gary was from the same town as Ash. They both lived in Pallet town and therefore, they've been rivals ever since they knew each other. Gary liked to tease Ash one way or another.

Ash kept running after Gary, angrier as ever. He was about to catch up to him until he felt a firm grip take a hold of his shoulder. He could see that Gary was also caught.

"You should look where you run young man! And the same goes for you Gary!" An elderly voice scolded the two of them. Ash turned his head to see who it was.

Just like his voice already gave off, it was an elderly man with grey hair. He wore a labcoat with underneath a red shirt, followed up with light brownish pants. It was professor Oak. He was the head of the summer camp. He was also Gary's grandfather.

"I-I'm sorry professor..." Ash muttered as he looked down in shame. "I'm sorry too, grandpa." Gary said sincerely but kept his smug look on his face.

"Good, now join the others, we're gonna do a scavenger hunt." Oak smiled at the two energetic youngsters. "Alright! I'm gonna win!" The two cheered in excitement as Oak released them from his grip. They ran off to the other kids without giving professor Oak a chance to lecture them. "They sure are a handful sometimes..." Oak sighed as he watched them helplessly.

Ash and Gary joined the other kids. The group consisted of around ten children with three caretakers, which one of them was Professor Oak. The children sat down in the grass. All of them sat with eachother except for one. The one person sat a bit further away from everyone but still close enough to hear what the camp leaders had to say.

This one shy girl that never had any intentions to come here to the summer camp but was forced by her Mom, in an attempt to make new friends. Her name was Serena Yvonne. She had honey-blond hair that was partly covered up by a straw hat. She also wore a pink dress with a darker pink in the middle, topping it off with pink sandal-like shoes.

"Alright everyone, we're almost at the end of the summer camp. Today we will do a scavenger hunt. The purpose is to search the forest in order to find three different stamps. One of a Charmander, one of a Squirtle and one of a Bulbasaur. The stamps are each located on individual places that are located on the map I will give you in a minute." Professor Oak explained as he stood on a small stage, surrounded by his assistants and camp leaders.

One of the assistants went around and gave everyone a map of their own. As the assistant went back to the stage to join the others, professor Oak continued explaining.

"As you can see on your map." He started, grabbing one of the maps himself in order to give a better explanation. "There is a Bulbasaur stamp available in the forest. Being a water type, Squirtle's stamp is available near the lake over here." He said pointing to a badly drawn picture of a lake on the map.