Chapter 9

TINANGGAP NI Lorch ang binigay na dokumento ni Kiana saka mabilis iyong tinignan. Lalo na ang estado ng pinansyal ng kompanya.

Ito ang personal na inutusan niya para makuha ang lahat ng impormasyon na kailangan niya sa negosyo ng magulang ni Saskia.

Fortunately, aside from being a lawyer, Kiana is also a good investigator. She's excellent at digging information to its very last detail.

Kaya niya namang gawin iyong mag-isa pero hindi siya pinayagan ng magulang niya na gamitin niya ang koneksyon ng pamilya o ng organisasyon para lang malaman ang lahat ng gusto niya. Mom really makes sure he doesn't get help with his plan. But he loves her nonetheless.

Lorch's brow twitched when he saw financial distress in the said company. There was a sustained period of negative cash flow. There was also money owned the company was unable to repay and financial liabilities it failed to fulfill when they fall due.

"This looks horrible," Lorch commented and glance at Kiana who was standing beside the glass wall staring outside while smoking.

"A-huh." Nagbuga ito ng usok. "That company has been struggling for some time now. Base sa financial record ay mahigit isang taon na. It has gone unnoticed by many investors because Mr. Serano was able to fund it for months using the company's emergency fund and some of his personal savings just to save the business but he can only go for months."

"Have you found the root cause of why his business is going down the drain?"

"His trusted partner in that business is doing a dirty job. Lulong sa sugal at hawak niya ang mga tauhan sa accounting department at sekretarya ni Mr. Serano." Kiana shrugged. "That poor man is doomed."

Napatango siya. "I don't have to move a finger then to make his business disappear from the field. It will certainly go out of business in a few months."

"A-huh." Kiana agreed. "With Mr. Serano buried in a mountain of debt."

Humming, Lorch opened his bank account to transfer his payment for Kiana's job.

"How much?" he inquired.

"A hundred million—"

"What the fuck?.. You serious?" Lorch was looking at his friend incredulously.

"My service is gold, Lorch." Mataray siya nitong tinaasan ng kilay. "You have all the information ready in just a day. I deserve my pay."

"Damn..." Nailing na lang siya. "No doubt why you're fucking rich despite having a lazy ass."

Lumapit ito at pinatay ang sigarilyo sa ashtray na nasa mesa niya. "I have to use the bunch of rich friends I have for my good gain."

"Tsk." Lorch could only say as he transfer one hundred million pesos to his friend's bank account.

"Done," he announced.

Kiana grabbed her black leather jacket and headed to the door. "See you around. Just call me if you need more information about something. I'm just one call away."

"Nah, I'm going to go broke if I always call you for this kind of job." Sumandal siya sa kinauupuan.

"Says the man whose income is roughly two hundred million pesos a day," Kiana sneered.

"Well..." Lorch drawled speechless.

Nang makaalis ang kaibigan niya ay binunot niya mula sa drawer ang notebook niya saka ginuhitan ang isang plano na hindi niya na kailangan pang gawin dahil kusa iyong mangyayari.

He then stared at the two things on the list. One is very much hard to do but he's confident he could do it. And if it's done he'll proceed to the last which he can already imagine the outcome.