038

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT : THE SAD TRUTH.

NARRATORS POV

the next morning, Vinnie woke up to the sound of crashing downstairs. He turned to reach for his phone and looked at the time 8:16 am it said on the screen. He smiled at his wallpaper, him and Sophia at the fight, Sophia on Vinnie's back as they took the picture.

that lovely moment didn't last very long though, Sophia was gone from his side and her shoes were gone. he looked back at his phone, a message appeared on his notifications messages, Sophia 💗 sent you a message.

Vinnie opened it and his face went pale when he read the messages

Sophia 💗
morning love

I really had to go home, I'll
see you tonight, I just had to pick
up something for work.

Vinnie rushed out of bed and grabbed a shirt and shoes. He grabbed his keys and wallet and sprinted out of his room.

"morning Vinnie, wait- why are you in such a rush?" Mia asked

"how long has Sophia left?" Vinnie said as he speeded through the kitchen.

"like 15 minutes ago, why?" Michael answered.

"shit shit shit."

Vinnie zoomed out the door and ran to his car. during the way to Sophia's house, he was calling her, but it always went to voicemail.

Meanwhile, Sophia just arrived to her house. She pulled into her normal parking space and got out of her car. Her phone was on silent, none of Vinnies calls were getting through to her. Sophia got into an elevator and went up to her floor. It took a couple seconds and the elevator doors opened.

She walked to her apartment, and got the keys out of her bag. As she unlocked the door, she finally saw that Vinnie was calling her.

"morning-"

"Sophia where are you?!" Vinnie frantically said through the phone.

"i'm at my house, what's wrong?"

"no no no no sophia! listen to me leave your house right now, its not safe there!"

"Vinnie don't be silly, this is my house" Sophia said as she swung open the door and froze in her tracks as she saw the four family members sitting on the couch. "Mom? Dad?"

Chase's face was all red when Sophia came into the home, the same with Karissa. Sophia hung up the phone with Vinnie and dropped her bag on the floor.

SOPHIA'S POV

"what are you guys doing at my house." I sternly say as I closed the door and walked up to the family sitting on my couch. I look behind them, my suitcases. There were multiple boxes around the place.

"Sophia let's talk outside." Chase said as he got up

"no chase." I said as a bit of tears formed in my eyes. "again, what are you two doing here, in my house."