02

"Papa I'm fine

"Papa I'm fine." Dayvon turned his head, chuckling as his grandpa wiped his eye with an alcohol wipe.

"You ain't no gotdamn fine. You need to knock that lil girl out!" He fussed, using his cane to walk back over towards his first aid kit.

"Grandma ah' beat my ass and yours." He chuckled, and his grandpa waved him off, sitting down in his rocking chair.

"She surely will beat yo ass. Letting that damn girl hit on you like some sissy. I ah' show her ass somethin'." He gestured with his cane, sucking his teeth.

"I ain't putting my hands on no girl. It's just a cut." He referred to the scratch under his eye that came from a small tussle he had with Amaria this morning.

"You a bitch. That's what." His grandpa shrugged, and Von smiled, shaking his head at him.

"Then you comin' all over here like that shit ok. Yo punk ass need to be a man a leave that no good, disrespectful piece of shit. Hell. Yo ass gone be pieced up in the hospital you keep playin'."

"Ain't gone be nowhere but dead in hell or in jail for hitting her if you stay. She don't do shit for yo ass. Don't feed you, don't cook, no laundry or nothin'. You was just borrowing money from me last week so I know that lil girl ain't helping with them damn bills."

His grandpa continued to fuss at him, while he sat there and listened to the same speech he got every time he visited-which was often. He loved his grandpa.

By this time, Von could repeat the same exact words to himself as much as he heard it from his Grandpa. He really didn't like Amaria at all, and Von understood why.

"And you let her take you away from yo damn people just to come out here and get beat on. You ain't got no shame Grandson?" Willis turned his head to look at him, and Von shrugged.

"Guess not. I can't leave her by herself."

"Like hell you can't! You ain't getting shit done with her. You don't even love that girl and yo ass whipped. What, her box good or some?" He frowned, and Von chocked on air, coughing.

"Papa what the fuck?" He laughed, and Willis sucked his teeth.

"Shit better be out this fuckin' world the way you dumb as a box of bricks behind her."

"I don't be havin' sex with her pops. I ain't fuckin' on nobody." He chuckled, and Willis rose his eyebrows.

"So what this little girl got that no other random woman out here got?" He frowned again, and Von chuckled, shrugging.

"I owe her for taking me out the raq'."

"She need to take yo ass back because at least you was livin' good out there. Had yo family and friends, shit. You just by yourself out here with me. And I'm too old to take you out to have fun. You need a life." Willis pointed his cane at him, and Von rubbed through his chin hairs, listening.