Recklessly in love

Summary: your stupid actions almost end up in a broken heart.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: language; angst with a happy ending

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You were fifteen when you gained your abilities. You were visiting a science museum with your classmates and after a radioactive experiment went wrong, you started having this special healing power.

It didn't take long for the Avengers to recruit you and start to train you. And as the years gone by you realized that you were kinda invincible. It's not that you couldn't die, but you most probably wouldn't.

So like this you became... reckless? It's not that you wanted to get hurt or anything, but since bruises and wounds only affected you for like, ten seconds, life was getting kinda boring. So you started doing things to avoid feeling bored, such as jumping from high building during missions when you clearly didn't have to or fighting way more enemies than you could handle.

Also, being friends with Peter didn't help. When you weren't in a mission, you two always managed to do the most stupid stuff. Last week, you two were competing to see who would last longer being tasered. But before you could find out the winner, Nat stopped you, taking the tasers away. You weren't sure, but you think she was trying to suppress a smile as she walked away.

The rest of the team always complained about your behavior, but after years they just gave up trying to stop you. Well, except for Wanda. Your girlfriend hated your antics more than anything. Whenever you did something so called stupid she would be furious and you would have to apologize for at least one week (more if it was too stupid even for your standards).

On the last mission, you decided to jump from the moving truck, just cause the mission was accomplished and you didn't have anything else to do. While you stood up, with the bruises and broken bones already healing, Wanda showed up in front of you, her eyes glowing red.

"Do you like moving cars that much, (Y/N)? Fine then!" She snarls at you after arguing for a while and then throws a car at you. You thought it was funny that she was throwing a two tons object at you since she was worried about you getting hurt in the first place, but seeing how furious she was, you kept the thought to yourself.

Knowing how mad she gets when you do your shenanigans, you decide to do them behind her back. Living in the same place, it obviously didn't always work. So that's how you got yourself in your current situation.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" She said, irritation clear in her voice as she notices what you and Peter are doing. You are tied to the wall while Peter were throwing knives at you. The two of you looked at her apprehensively, but before you could say anything. She turns to leave the gym. "That's enough for me." You hear her say as she disappears through the door and you feel your stomach sink.

You untie yourself as fast as you can and take of the helmet you were using before running after her. "Hey, babe." You call her but she doesn't stop." It was not a big deal."

"Not a big deal?!" She finally turns to look at you, her face in pure disbelief. "Peter were throwing knives at you, (Y/N)! How can this not be a big deal?!"

"I was wearing a helmet." You joke, but she only looks more furious. "Besides, Peter has a terrible aim, he only got like four or five right."

"Oh my god, you cannot be serious right now." She says, laughing in disbelief. "Come on, babe, that was not..."

"Don't! I can't believe I put up with you for this long." She interrupts you and your brain stops for a second, as her words sank in. Realizing what she just said, she puts her hands over her mouth. "(Y/n/n), I..."

"No." This time it's you that interrupt her, your voice low and feeling your eyes begin to burn. You just want to get out of there. "It's okay." You say in a whisper and walk towards your room. When she doesn't call you back, you start to cry.

-----

Later that day, you decide not to show up for dinner. The last thing you wanted was to cry in front of the team or see Wanda. You don't know which would be worse. As you were laid down miserably on your bed, you hear a knock on your door.

Getting up takes all your energy, but you do so and you open the door, reveling Wanda on the other side. By her puffy eyes, you know she's been crying as well.

"Can we talk?" She asks slowly, spinning the rings on her fingers. You just signal for her to enter. When she does so, you close the door and turns to look at her, hands in your pockets. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I didn't mean it. I was just... It's so scary, you know? I lost my parents and then I lost Pietro." She pauses, tears now rolling down her face. "You're all I have, and every time you get hurt, I feel like I might lose you too."

Her words hit you hard. You have never thought of it that way. You always wanted to be there for her, be the one she can rely on and always feels safe with. Instead, you were being the trigger to her worst fears. Acknowledging this, your breath hitches heavily as you start to cry as well.

"Wanda, I'm so sorry." You say, walking towards her. "I had no idea you felt that way." You put your hands on her waist and she places her hands on your chest. When you rest your forehead against hers, she closes her eyes. "I never wanted to hurt you. Never. I love you so much."

"I love you too." She says, her words practically inaudible. "I'm not doing those things again, ok? I'm not hurting you anymore, I promise." You assure her and she nods lightly, kissing you next.

Your lips meet in a salty, gentle kiss and you think about the conversation you just had and the promise you just made that you'll happily get to keep for the rest of your life.